- Expired: January 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
SoHo Dragon represents a global financial services firm with offices in Chicago, IL that needs to hire a Software Architect to make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will see the "big picture" and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. Architect with a strong technical background and excellent IT skills.
Work closely with other Chief Architect with a goal to provide a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high quality IT solutions.
- Collaborated with key stakeholders and internal teams to define enterprise architecture principles, standards and guidelines, and blueprints.
- Developed, enhanced, and maintained reference architectures for various capabilities.
- Translated business requirements into systems qualities and repeatable design strategies and patterns, such as adaptability, scalability, availability, and reusability.
- Assured enterprise application integration by selecting tools, specifying shared data and code resources, defining interfaces and dataflows, and monitoring progress.
- Performed design reviews across the company and collected enterprise architecture performance metrics to assure continuous improvement.
- Conducted evolution planning for systems and technologies and maintained application life cycle inventory.
- Ensured development and incorporation of business architecture with other layers.
- In-depth experience establishing best practices and guidelines for selecting, developing, and implementing information systems within the enterprise.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Use a proactive approach to common challenges and by continually researching best practices in coding.
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions.
- Experience developing software utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, C#, Python, .Net Framework/Core, Good working experience with Micro Services REST/SOAP.
- Experience in web development tools/Framework ReactJS, AngularJS, jQuery, Ajax, HighCharts, AG-grid, and Bootstrap.
- Excellent knowledge of middleware technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, MQ Series and understanding of Event driven architecture.
- Experience in MS SQL and Oracle DB.
- Strong understanding of Scalable architectures such as Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration, microservice frameworks, CI/CD technologies (e.g. Azure DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes).
- 8-10 years' experience in software development experience.
- Experience designing and implementing software applications and working on large-scale software projects on-prem and in the cloud.
- Experience overseeing customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional experience analyzing code for weaknesses and errors and overseeing plans to improve them.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance, and end-users to produce cutting-edge software solutions.
- 5+ years of Knowledge of the financial industry.
- Bachelors or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent fields.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
TechnologyView all jobs at SoHo Dragon