SoFi is in the business of creating innovative and transparent financial products, delivering them with user-friendly technology, and supporting our customers (who we call Members) with benefits to help them reach their financial and professional goals faster. SoFi Invest is a Member-centric investing product that enables people to buy a portfolio of different securities, including ETFs, stocks, partial stocks and crypto currencies. We're seeking a savvy digital marketer to create and manage the go-to-market plan and customer acquisition strategy. You'll build a differentiated, defensible positioning for our Invest offering, craft narratives to communicate it effectively and implement channel activation plans to drive acquisition and engagement. This is a highly cross-functional role, both within our Marketing team and the cross-functional teams of the Invest business unit. This role reports to our Vice President of Product Marketing.
At SoFi, you'll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their ambitions. We aim to be at the center of our members' financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money-a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Lead the Invest business as the "mini-CMO." This means driving strategic choices on the customer target, value proposition, and positioning and creating go-to-market plans that achieve our ambitious growth goals . Specifically, this includes:
- Identifying growth opportunities, uncovering consumer insights, and qualifying ideas that drive prospects to start investing. Then, using these insights to create and execute compelling strategies that deliver massive impact for our Invest portfolio of products.
- Iterating on the product positioning, value proposition, messaging, competitive differentiation, and go-to-market strategy for SoFi's Invest businesses.
- Leading a cross-functional team to develop long-term and in-quarter growth plans. Working with marketing channel owners (SEM, SEO, Direct Mail, Social, TV, Digital, OOH, Partnerships, etc) and our in-house creative team to optimize the channel mix and deliver breakthrough campaigns that boost awareness, acquisition and engagement for SoFi Invest.
- Setting and achieving customer acquisition targets and supporting marketing budgets in partnership with the marketing channel owners and Finance.
- Working with Product Management to create a seamless experience, removing pain points and boosting conversion.
- Serving as your customers' advocate and identifying opportunities to offer SoFi Invest to the current SoFi member base.
- 10-15 years relevant marketing experience, preferably in consumer product marketing/brand management, with quantifiable revenue responsibility.
- Previous experience managing a team.
- Strategy and Execution: Combine strategic thinking with tactical execution to drive customer acquisition through diverse channels in holistic GTM plan
- Customer Research: Conduct quantitative and qualitative customer research and distilling it into actionable insights
- Analytics: Use data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
- Storytelling: Passion for crafting a compelling story that drives people to action
- Self-Starting: Eagerness to roll up your sleeves to get things done (even the unglamourous things)
- Flexibility: Problem-solve in a fast-paced, self-driven environment
- Finance: Healthy understanding of personal finance (but you don't need to be a banker)
- Growth: Proven track record of building budgets and programs that support efficient growth
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer-paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.