Animal Facility Specialist
- Expired: March 09, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Overview: Responsible for all activities required for the proper care and maintenance of the animal care and use program for client's site in Atlanta, GA. Serve as backup support in animal care areas in the absence of floor supervisors.
Description of Duties:
- Provide oversight and supervision of cagewash staff, to include scheduling assignments and ensuring tasks are completed as directed.
- Oversee cagewash equipment monitoring and accompanying documentation.
- Assist in oversight of husbandry staff in the absence of the area supervisor, ensuring that all required functions are carried out appropriately.
- Assist with animal care and husbandry duties.
- Assist with training according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) are adhered to by the husbandry and cagewash staff and suggest modifications to program management.
- Provide assistance with procedures, clinical support or other veterinarian directed treatments.
- Provide information as needed to maintain adequate supply inventories (chemicals, food, bedding, etc.)
- Perform QC duties related to meeting requirements of supported areas and as directed.
- Perform animal transportation duties if necessary.
- Report any abnormal conditions of the animal facility or immediate vicinity to management.
- Ability to work flexible hours to ensure animal care is carried out in compliance with appropriate timelines to include weekend and holiday coverage.
- Must be able to life 50lbs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be certified by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science as a Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT)
- Must have experience in areas of small animal and regulated species facilities management, clinical case management, technical procedures, breeding, barrier management, and data management.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have a working knowledge of all levels of biohazard containment
- 2 years of experience in a laboratory animal facility performing rodent and small animal husbandry, leadership experience
SoBran, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
AnimalView all jobs at SoBran, Inc.
Get fresh Animal Care Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.