Patient Registration Clerk
- Posted: over a month ago
As the initial point of contact you are the face of the organization to all customers, therefore superior service is necessary. Perform all duties related to the registration and preparation of patient encounters, patient and payment assessment and referral, and post-encounter duties associated with billing and medical records. Perform computer and filing duties. Effectively communicate with the staff and the public. Verify payments, and maintain other skills and responsibilities relating to the efficient and effective flow of patients through the health care centers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide superior service to all customers.
2. Responsible for handling a high volume of calls requiring good judgement and decision-making. Including calls to and from physicians, patients, patient family members, pharmacies, and other health related agents.
3. Able to create a patient case, utilize and document as requested.
4. Notify new patient of doctor’s prescription preferences, if applicable.
5. Schedule, confirm patient appointments and interpreter services, if applicable.
6. Perform computer skills for scheduling utilizing Athena and/or Dentrix as requested.
7. Process patient payments, co-pay and balanced owed including smart pay, if applicable.
8. Perform chart preparation including printing, daily schedules, annual registration/consent form review. Update demographics, patient portal, and income category scale and scan driver’s license/insurance information.
9. Ensure each patient’s insurance is verified prior to being seen.
10. Verify Title XIX (19) or XXI (21) insurance information, prior to vaccine administration, if applicable.
11. Perform end-of-day batching and counting.
12. Scan paper documents into electronic chart.
13. Adhere to petty cash policy, if applicable.
14. Complete ticklers/appointments to schedule within Athena workflow dashboard.
15. Understand smart pay, able to create a slide patient case. Ensure rev check is complete.
16. Able to create a Lab Corp indigent form/scan and distribute as needed.
17. Assist patients with filling out required paperwork who have limited reading/writing abilities, in a discreet and sensitive manner.
18. Coordinate with navigator to ensure patients are connected to health insurance.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Basic keyboard/data entry skills, note taking, computer and telephone skills.
2. Must possess knowledge of basic computer screens, fields and procedures.
3. Must possess knowledge of basic medical terminology.
4. Must possess knowledge of basic telephone and paging systems, and routing calls.
5. Must possess knowledge of basic forms, applications and logs in the health care centers.
6. Ability to effectively communicate with staff members and general public in a clear,
concise, and courteous manner.
7. Ability to assess skills necessary for patient referral, if applicable.
8. Ability to assess non-scheduled patients and communicate to nursing/provider staff.
9. Ability to assess patient records, forms and charts for completeness and accuracy.
10. Ability to accept responsibility for own actions and receive supervision and direction.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient records, communications and needs.
12. Ability to follow lines of authority when dealing with problems and issues.
13. Must maintain neat, clean, professional appearance.
14. Ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent is desired. Training in Medical Terminology is desired.
Abide by the requirements of all applicable State and Federal laws.
MEDICAL HOME STATEMENT:
Be aware and understand expectations and responsibilities of the Patient Centered Medical Home. Understand role, complete relevant duties, and the requirement to maintain highest level of proficiency within scope, as part of this team-based approach in the patient care continuum.
Mostly sedentary work with light, physical activities. Must be able to lift/carry up to ten (10) pounds.
Normal work hours for this position are Monday through Friday dayshift, unless otherwise specified by management staff.
So IL Health Care Foundation
HealthcareView all jobs at So IL Health Care Foundation