So IL Health Care Foundation East Saint Louis, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs routine repairs on walls, ceilings, floors, trim-work, casework, doors, and other miscellaneous finishes.
2. Frames, drywalls, finishes, and paints new non-rated and fire rated wall assemblies.
3. Installs temporary fire stopping and maintains current certifications.
4. Performs general commercial carpentry tasks including but not limited to: installing grid ceilings and tile, installing and repairing drywall, painting, staining, installation of cabinetry & casework, installation and repair of wood and steel doors, installation of modular carpet tile, installation of VCT/LVF flooring, installation of ceramic tile, installation of vinyl/rubber trim, installation of aluminum entry and storefront units, etc.
5. Performs minor electrical, plumbing, HVACR, and other general maintenance duties.
6. Coordinates outside contractor support as needed or assigned to facilitate the completion of repairs and projects too large to be done in-house. Obtains appropriate approval from Leadership and properly documents transactions.
7. Completes 95% + of assigned monthly PM work orders on time. Documents all work performed in CMMS computer data base accounting for 90% or more of total time worked. Follows approved purchasing methods to purchase repair parts, tools, and supplies as needed to perform assigned tasks.
8. Participates in and teaches assigned departmental educational programs or in-services. Attends departmental and construction meetings. Monitors assigned maintenance accountability standards.
9. Creates preventive maintenance checklists for new equipment. Assigns and monitors PM performance of equipment.
10. Interprets as-built building blueprints and recommends modifications for remodel projects in accordance with applicable regulations.
11. Researches and selects materials for facilities systems installation, repair, and maintenance.
12. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
13. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, Framing, Finishing and HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance.
2. Ability to prepare engineering documents, specifications and cost estimates for projects.
3. Skilled in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
4. Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade(s).
5. Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
6. Ability to develop HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, framing, and finishing system modification plans in the field.
7. Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
8. Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
9. Documents and tracks preventive maintenance activities.
10. Knowledge of mechanical systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance.
11. Maintains a neat, clean, and professional appearance.
12. Working in a team environment as well as independently.
13. Communicating to appropriate staff conditions of equipment, systems in a timely manner.
14. Ability to provide technical expertise to fellow employees and take direction from fellow employees who have higher skill levels in that area. Team concept is a must!
15. Understands and utilizes healthcare dust control protocol.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance are required. At least 10 years of trades experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Abide by the requirements of all applicable State and Federal laws.
MEDICAL HOME STATEMENT:
Be aware and understand expectations and responsibilities of the Patient Centered Medical Home. Understand role, complete relevant duties, and the requirement to maintain highest level of proficiency within scope, as part of this team-based approach in the patient care continuum.
Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises. Ability/Competence setting up and working on ladders, scaffolding, platforms, and using safety harness as needed. Frequent use of protective wear for the eyes, ears, head, arms, face, hands, and fingers. Fall Protection equipment including fall-arrest harnesses and lifelines.
Generally works M-F between the hours of 7 AM and 5 PM but may have schedule adjusted to address operational needs/operational impact.
So IL Health Care Foundation
AddressEast Saint Louis, IL
ConstructionView all jobs at So IL Health Care Foundation