*THIS POSITION REQUIRES RELOCATION TO THE PORTLAND, OREGON AREA*
Reports to: Vice President
Role: Support Services
Location: Tigard, OR
Snyder Roofing seeks a dynamic, high energy EHS Manager that is self-motivated and highly organized to succeed in our growing Company. The EHS Manager is responsible to lead the safety efforts with integrity, conviction and courage under the direction of the Vice President. Responsibilities also include working with the Superintendent’s and Foreman while advising on provisions to minimize safety risks. Successful candidates will have a professional attitude and thrive in a fast-paced environment. If you are detail orientated, have a passion around safety, excellent administrative and organizational skills, you may be the perfect person to join our team!
Essential Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Must wear proper PPE when visiting all jobsites. This includes (but not limited to) hard hat, high visibility vest, safety glasses, gloves and boots. The Safety Director is expected to lead by example.
- Responsible to make a minimum of 15 jobsite inspections per week.
- Responsible to make a minimum of 15 safety audits with jobsite visits per week.
- All inspections will be sent to the Superintendent (copy the Vice President) daily.
- Produce site specific safety plans/FPP for all projects.
- Attend hand-off meetings, conduct safety presentation as directed by Vice President and/or Safety Committee.
- Conduct safety orientations (or be present during these).
- Promote Snyder safety culture, not safety compliance.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and jobsites.
- Visit each job at start-up once safety is set-up.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Work with Superintendent to handle disciplinary actions. Notify Superintendent of safety infractions and make recommendations with regard to disciplinary actions.
- Provide incident reports within 24-hours of any injury. Copy the Vice President, President and VP of Human Resources. Individuals to be notified by phone or email immediately upon your notification of an accident.
- Participate in training for safety matters and accident prevention as requested.
- Attend Safety Committee meetings.
- Submit Expense Report to Vice President by the 4th of each month.
- Resolves problems in a creative and strategic manner while keeping the Company’s best interest in mind.
· Proactively anticipate problems and present solutions.
· Handle daily responsibilities and requests from Management.
· Understanding of and commitment to customer service and Snyder’s core values.
· Bachelor’s Degree in safety, business or other related field is highly preferred.
· Equivalent work experience is acceptable in lieu of college education.
· 3-5+ years’ industry knowledge and experience.
- Deep understanding of legal safety guidelines.
- Effective leadership skills that include inspiring and mentoring a team.
- Desire to mentor and develop team.
- Problem solving/analysis and collaboration skills.
- Emotional intelligence – the ability to truly understand what each individual on your team needs to thrive and feel fulfilled.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
- Technical understanding of the products and procedures.
- Ability to operate within the accounting software (Viewpoint) and general understanding of Microsoft suite.
- Efficient and organized.
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently, self-motivate and be highly motivated.
- Excellent grammar and written/oral communication skills. Excellent research skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. Must maintain a positive service attitude.
- Ability to prioritize information and multi-task frequently while being timely with tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational and accuracy skills. Dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback and translate into process improvement.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to develop and cultivate new and existing relationships with potential customers.
- Confident and personable. Ability to self-motivate with an excellent sense of personal accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Present an attitude of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with unexpected challenges in a professional and calm manner.
Our competitive benefit package includes: PTO, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage (following waiting period, premium is paid 100% by the Company for employee, spouse and dependents), wellness reimbursement and 401K with Company contribution.
No travel outside Western Oregon is anticipated unless deemed necessary for trainings or other Company needs. Travel to jobsites in the region is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud in the field. Part of the time, this position operates in a typical office environment, spending time at a desk, typing at a computer, talking with people in person and on the phone, taking notes and using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Snyder provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual preference, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, Snyder complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Snyder has facilities and/or jobsites. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Passage of a drug test is required at the time of employment. Snyder is a Drug Free Work Environment. Any candidate that tests positive for marijuana or ANY controlled substance and/or alcohol during a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening will not be eligible for hire