Project Manager - GC Focus
Snyder Construction LLC Albuquerque, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager is to provide the necessary leadership to direct, organize, coordinate and control the completion of construction projects as assigned. This position is primarily for multi family projects, experience with multi level multi family construction required. This position is accountable to meet or exceed established guidelines for standards of performance, work quality, safety and job profitability.
This position reports to the CEO and CFO and supervises the Foremen/Superintendent responsible for projects.
1. Manages all work for assigned construction projects according to approved construction plans and ensure on-time project completion within scope schedule and budget.
2. Responsible for managing changes in project scope by issuing change orders and/or field orders as appropriate to customer and/or subcontractors/suppliers.
3. Allocates personnel and manages the workload for construction projects in line with staff qualification and skills.
4. Works with Superintendent / Foreman to ensure that safe working conditions and practices are followed and informs appropriate staff of any hazards at the worksite.
5. Responsible for project completion according to both customer and company policies and procedures.
6. Meets with customer representatives on a regular basis and ensures that Company staff is informed of new customer requirements, change orders and new policies and procedures.
7. Prepares, reviews and approves time sheets and invoices related to assigned construction projects and work under management.
8. Completes and submits construction reports as required by the customer and the Company.
9. Ensures that both customer and the Company quality control procedures are being utilized and targets are achieved.
10. Identifies, develops and implements (with appropriate approval) cost savings initiatives and value engineering opportunities for improvement.
11. Troubleshoots construction issues with appropriate staff and works to resolve problems as required.
12. Regularly communicates work progress, schedule variance, crew and safety performance to the President.
13. Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- High school education or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, project management or business preferred.
- Must possess valid driver’s license
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 4 years of multi-family construction and or general contractor construction
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in project management and general business operation in the construction industry
- Knowledge of ProEst Estimating or equivalent estimating software
Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
- Knowledge of OSHA health & safety requirements
- Understanding of industrial equipment, welding, trucks and other equipment
- Understanding of the construction trades
- Scheduling software MS projects
- Web based programs, Office 365 programs
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodations may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position. This includes evaluating the resources, tools, or other accommodations requested by the employee / applicant that will aid him / her in performance of the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Snyder Construction LLCWhy Work Here?
Great work culture, academic/learning environment, growing company!
ConstructionView all jobs at Snyder Construction LLC