- Posted: 17 days ago
TITLE: Prep Cook
LOCATION: Food and Beverage
STATUS: Full time – year round
SCHEDULE: Varied shifts both AM and PM
As a line cook you will be responsible for coordinating individual stations and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations. To perform in this role, you are expected to understand and follow kitchen health, safety, and cooking rules. You will work in a fast-paced environment and be responsible for setting up your station and prepping dishes to be cooked by the chef.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to work on time in the proper uniform
- Follow food quality, food safety, preparation, handling and nutrition procedures
- Handle, label, and stock all ingredients so they are easily accessible and organized
- Participate in on-going employee training
- Measure out ingredients and seasonings for cooking
- Ensure basic cooking duties are completed daily
- Own basic cooking duties
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing, cutting, washing, etc.
- Prepare basic dishes such as salads and appetizers
- Maintain clean and orderly kitchen by following restaurant cleaning procedures
- Help other kitchen positions as needed
- Communicate with Chef, Sous Chef, and other kitchen staff
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB DONE
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Job experience is a plus
- Food Handler Permit
- Knowledge of kitchen health and safety rules
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure
- Great listening and multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to travel to Snowbird Resort
- Schedule is based on business levels, including weekends and holidays
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional times of road closures
- Travel to Snowbird Resort
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Fast-paced and high energy work environment
WHY WORK HERE
- Ski pass and comp ticket benefits
- Discounts at Snowbird eateries, retail shops, mountain school, lodging and daycare for employees
- Available medical, dental, vision and accident insurance – benefits are available based on position and are subject to change
- Discounts with Powdr partners
- Free transportation to work: UTA Buss and Rideshare Vans, Canyon Transportation vans and Employee Blue Shuttles
WHO WE ARE
Snowbird is a world-renowned resort just 6 miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating Heli-ski adventure. Snowbird offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by spectacular granite peaks - making Snowbird a world-class destination.
Snowbird’s ambition is to provide unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special, the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this way they make memories for a lifetime, “memories that match our mountain”.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired and comply with our professional appearance, drug & alcohol, and employee conduct policies.
FoodView all jobs at Snowbird Resort
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?