Department Supervisor 2nd Shift
Snow Joe Lacey, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Department Supervisor is responsible for various Distribution Center activities on a daily basis, including labor scheduling, space utilization, equipment and manpower. People management responsibilities may include training, planning and assigning daily work, addressing performance issues and resolving problems. Under the direction of the Site Director and Senior Leaders, the Department Supervisor is responsible for supervising: Shipping, Inventory, Shipping Office, E-Comm, Staging and Receiving. The Department Supervisor will also focus on shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively keep management informed of critical issues that affect the operations
- Ensures the development of systems and procedures for managing operations, equipment, and products in a safe and profitable manner in accordance with company policies, guidelines, and procedures. Manages operations to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
- Implements and reports on-going cost savings measures. Provides ideas and suggestions for more efficient operations.
- Meets all customer specified metrics, complies with shipping regulations.
- Manages the operations to achieve prescribed objectives. Applies sound communication and motivational techniques, create programs to fairly and equitably supervise, counsel, and (where needed) discipline team members. Provides direction and support to the Human Resources. Assists in creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development. Participates in performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and other HR activities.
- Has overall training and evaluation responsibilities of warehouse staff.
- Plans the daily work schedule by reviewing existing work orders, arrival notices, and instructions from customers. Assesses priorities based on time sensitivity and available resources. Assigns duties to appropriate warehouse staff.
- Reviews pending jobs or trends, plan for reorganization of warehouse space, and needed changes in levels of supplies, equipment, or staffing needs.
- Trains new staff in assigned duties, or delegate training responsibility to experienced team member. Assesses progress of trainees, and add additional duties as appropriate.
- Keeps informed of quantity and quality of jobs being performed throughout the day, providing guidance and advice as necessary.
- Keeps Manager advised of progress or problems requiring attention on a daily basis
- Assists in the physical operations as needed.
- Delivers results by leveraging the skills of the right people at the right time
- Maintains high degree of motivation in team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Provides ongoing growth and development opportunities for team members
- Provides input and conduct annual performance reviews for team members
- Supports adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Supports and trains team members with adherence to SOPs
Management Information Systems
Ensures all team members are properly trained and efficient in the required information systems (including WMS systems) to meet company and client objectives and facilitate the efficient operation of the facility. Remains knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology. Develops proficiency in client systems.
Achieves company goals in terms of injury frequency ratings (IFR) and other safety metrics by establishing a proactive and participative safety culture within the operations. Audits warehouse daily for compliance with safety, security, and quality principles and rules. Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area. Ensures all federal, provincial or other statutory requirements are adhered to within the parameters of Health and Safety.
- Willing to work days and weekends as needed.
- Performs other duties as required
- Supervises warehouse associates and team leads
- Communicates all problems and questions to manager
- Assist the operations/general manager as needed
- Follows all safety procedures at all times
- Responsible for all equipment, supplies, documents, and materials related to job.
- Responsible for following all policies and procedures
- Complies with all federal, state, and local regulations
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 3 years' experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment.
- 1 year experience in a supervisory role
- Able to operate Forklift
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point)
- RF Scanners
- WMS functions
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Business communication
- Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
- Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner
- Good organizational and personnel skills
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Good leadership, supervision, and planning skills
RetailView all jobs at Snow Joe