The Fairgrounds Marketing Specialist develops and implements successful marketing plans, strategies, and tactics that meet the short term and long term promotional, financial, and operational objectives for the Evergreen State Fair and the Park.
- Identifies prospective sponsors, develops sponsor proposals, makes presentations, negotiates sponsorships, completes sponsor worksheets for agreement preparation, coordinates all sponsor requirements, on-site fair booth coordination, and soft dollar coordination.
- Secures hard (cash) and soft (in-kind) dollars from corporate and local sponsors that enhance, support, strengthen and expand the Evergreen State Fairgrounds and annual Evergreen State Fair.
- Oversees and assists in producing all print marketing materials (print ads, banners, posters, fliers, etc.) and overall print campaign for the fairgrounds and annual fair.
- Works with the Fair's media buyer, production company and fair staff in developing and implementing the marketing/advertising/promotional campaigns within budget. Coordinates and monitors the use of social media resources.
- Oversees the promotion of the fairground facilities, including production of sales materials, client solicitation, collaborations with trade and tourism organizations.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and promotion of marketing programs aimed at potential and existing sponsors and fairgoers; prepares target market research and reports. Including web-site development and maintenance.
- Writes and submits press releases or special interest stories for the media.
- Oversees all on-site media coverage and promotions.
- Assists with the organization of the Fair special events.
- Prepares and distribute media kits.
- Manages the Media Office during the Fair.
- Assists with the advance sales promotion of the discount fair admission tickets and concert tickets.
- Oversees the development of fair promotional materials.
- Assists the Fairgrounds Manager with public relations duties as needed.
- Works with and attend meetings with Fair Staff, Fair Advisory Board, Media Buyer, Production Company, entertainers, promoters, organizations, committees, and designated individuals that are an integral part of or involved with fairgrounds activities, events and programs as requested.
- Develops correspondence and reports as needed.
- Supervises Fairgrounds Project Assistant and/or seasonal staff as require
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or related field; AND two (2) years experience in event management, advertising and promotions, marketing or public relations; OR, any equivalent combination of training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities. Must pass job related tests.
A valid Washington State Drivers License will be required for employment
- principles and practices of marketing, advertising and promotions;
- events coordination;
- public relations techniques;
- budget and record keeping techniques;
- project management;
- supervisory techniques;
- strong organizational skills;
- Microsoft Office software applications;
- web-site development and maintenance;
- social media applications;
- office practices and procedures;
- prepare and negotiate agreement terms;
- write effectively writing and communication verbally;
- establish and maintain effective relationships with fair staff, sponsors, political officials, media and the public;
- meet deadlines and cope with interruptions;
- resolve issues and problems effectively;
- coordinate multiple events and processes simultaneously;
- Oversee project completion;
- follow-through and be detail-oriented;
- operate standard office equipment and computer software programs;
- be results oriented.
Position reports directly to the Fairgrounds Manager. Assignments are of a general nature and the work is reviewed through reports and outcomes.
The work is performed in the office setting and outdoors as necessary. The Specialist may be requested to work evenings and holidays, as necessary.
EEO policy and ADA notice