Entry-Level Criminal Defense Investigator
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Excellent benefits including 12.86% retirement contribution, ability to make a meaningful impact in your community and MORE – see below.
Snohomish County Public Defender Association is a private, non-profit law office who is passionate about our communities. We are seeking a full-time entry-level Criminal Defense Investigator.
The goal of our organization is to provide high quality legal representation to individuals facing loss of liberty pursuant to criminal and civil laws. We take our Anti-Racism work seriously through education, discussions, and actively listening. Our motto is Brave Advocacy, No Judgement, and our hope is to employ others who can support us in this mission.
- Under general direction and collaborating with attorneys, analyze cases by examination of discovery materials.
- Conduct in-depth, often in person interviews with victims, witnesses, police personnel, medical personnel, clients and others.
- Prepare comprehensive written summaries of interviews, investigative findings, written reports for legal documentation and testify in court, as required.
- Obtain and review reports, records and other information.
- Identify and locate known or potential witnesses.
- Prepare, process and serve subpoenas on individuals and organizations.
- Field investigative work as required, may include but not limited to visiting scenes, taking photographs, canvassing areas.
- Interact with all participants of the criminal justice system in a professional manner that promotes respect and inclusion.
- Maintain knowledge of current investigative practices and procedures.
- Comply with Rules of Professional Conduct and adhere to the Association Handbook, Policies and Procedures.
Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent criminal justice or investigative experience.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize misdemeanor caseload.
- Knowledge of the past and present impacts of the criminal legal system on Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of people throughout the investigative process.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite of programs, familiarity or ability to utilize JABS/JIS, background search software and other programs.
- Able to work a flexible schedule or travel on a case by case basis to complete investigations.
- Working vehicle, valid Washington state driver's license and insurance required.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Compensation: $67,531.85-$82,160.06 depending on experience.
- The Association pays 100% of employee medical and dental, and a majority of the premiums for dependents.
- 21 days of PTO/year
- 12.86% Retirement contribution after six months of employment (No employee contribution required).
- Combination of in-office and flexible work schedule.
Snohomish County Public Defender Association
LegalView all jobs at Snohomish County Public Defender Association