- Posted: over a month ago
We live sneakers, streetwear, and neighborhood culture! All Day! Every Day!
It’s an exciting time to be part of our growing retail company, with US headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. SNIPES is a global sneaker and streetwear retailer with almost 400 doors in Europe and 300 doors in the US. Key brands include Nike, Jordan, Adidas, Timberland and UGGs. Our mission is to move street culture forward through our communities.
To achieve this mission, we operate as an “entertainment company with a little bit of retail”. Our customer journey starts in our communities where we support, empower, and celebrate in order to earn the right to do business there. We are deeply engrained in our neighborhoods and work with many local partners to provide experiences and tell our stories – be it at food drives, music festivals, skate tournaments, dance contests, basketball games, or in one of our 700 state-of-the-art doors. To ensure our stories have reach, we also regularly work with global partners such as our Chief Creative Office DJ Khaled, Snoop Dogg, Rick Ross, or brands such as Sony PlayStation and Sprite.
We entered the US market in 2019 through two acquisitions and have been extremely well-received by our communities, customers, and brand partners. We completed our third acquisition at the end of 2021, and in March 2022 acquired a fourth company in the US. We are geared up to invest more in our communities, our brand, and points of sale to unlock further growth across the US.
Overview: As an Assistant Manager, you are to manage the store in the absence of the Store Manager. A non-exempt position that assists in the day-to-day running of the store.
Reports to: Store Manager
- Assist Store Manager in ensuring store meets Company standards for cleanliness, both on the sales floor and in the stockroom
- Effectively set up sales/promotions with proper signing in a timely manner
- Properly process register functions and ensure they are properly followed in the store
- Ability to demonstrate timely execution and compliance of floor set guides and promotions
- Assist Store Manager in directing and maintaining merchandise presentation according to Visual Merchandising standards and current floor set
- Recognize, understand, and communicate customer merchandise needs and recognize when the store’s merchandise assortment meets, and fails to meet, these needs
- Work with Store Manager to ensure markdowns and transfers are completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Demonstrate leadership in driving sales and profitability by achieving or exceeding all established store and individual goals
- Assist Store Manager with communicating the stores operational goals and directives to maximize store teams contributions towards meeting the sales plan
- Assist Store Manager in monitoring and evaluating individual performance in the following areas: sales volume, hourly production, units per transaction, charge accounts an loss prevention
- Accurately perform and assist Store Manager in training associates in all appropriate register and/or Aptos functions
- Ensure the securing of Company funds as outlines in Company policy
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College (a plus)
- Previous experience as an Assistant, Store Manager or Department Manager helpful
- Strong drive for results
- Proven competent performance in the job
- Accuracy in all assigned paperwork
- Takes initiative
- Managerial skills
- Communication and organizational skills
- People/talent management
- Strong visual merchandising abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to make sound decisions
Cultural Success Factors
- Customer focused
- Enthusiasm for the brand
- Collaborative nature
- Skillful communicator
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Disciplined and self-motivated
Job descriptions are used for informational purposes only, are not to be considered all-inclusive of responsibilities within a position and may change periodically with or without notice. In addition, we reserve the right to add, delete, change duties, formally or informally, verbally or in writing, at any time for any position. Job descriptions do not alter the at-will policy of the Company, meaning that the employee or employer can terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without cause.
Snipes USA and all its subsidiary Companies are equal opportunity employers. We will not discriminate or make hiring decisions based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other criteria that would violate any Federal or State laws.
RetailView all jobs at Snipes
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?