Director of Master Planning
Snipebridge Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Our CLIENT is a leading Architecture & Design house that works in niche design areas with a selective global clientele. They have been in business for over 50 years and have won many prestigious awards including the National AIA Architecture Firm Award. They have also been named in the Top Ten Most Innovative Companies in Architecture by Fast Company for two years in a row.
The ideal candidate will develop our client's expanding master planning portfolio. We are seeking a pro-active and dedicated master planner with a degree in architecture and/or urban design with a graduate degree in urban design, planning or development. We prefer a minimum of 10 years of post-bachelor degree-professional master planning experience in residential, commercial, campus, or site planning. You will have the opportunity to shape large-scale, world-class master planning projects in diverse urban and rural contexts around the globe. A broader outcome of this role is to support the business development of the master planning team by leading work winning efforts across different markets and locations, both for existing internal and external clients as well as new ones. This full-time position offers a generous benefits package including healthcare coverage, a retirement plan, and profit-sharing.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Outstanding design sensibility and graphic ability
- Excellent hand-drawing skills
- Ability to efficiently manage a design team and client team through all phases of a project
- Proficiency and knowledge of master planning best practices and demonstration of use of innovative techniques in urban design, urban planning, and sustainable development.
- Excellent ability to develop land use planning scenarios and cost modeling for proposals. Strong aptitude and ability to use Microsoft Office, Autodesk, GIS and Adobe Creative Suite software
- Meticulous and methodical approach to tasks.
- Ability to complete tasks swiftly to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- Completing independent site visits and the initial site analysis, development of high-level master planning conceptual options, location and layout of land uses, knowledge of current trends and technologies in planning and coordinating with the environmental, infrastructure and transportation planners.
- Writing and illustrating urban design, landscape design and architectural concepts, explanation and analysis of a projects requirements to develop urban design and landscape guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to convey concepts and comparable developments.
- Client and Partner facing communication
- Managing and guiding the team to successfully navigate the complex client and stakeholder relationships associated with this type of work as well as the economic issues unique to this sector.
- Managing or coordinating project management duties including meeting record documentation and coordination of presentations and workshops.
- Managing team production of deliverables to prepare high quality, brand appropriate documents.
- Actively participate in design discourse and critiques with team.
- Establishing clear deliverables, fees, schedule and staffing required to adequately deliver the project.
- Lead master planning proposal efforts including generation of land use planning scenarios and cost modeling.
- Play an active role in team building and organizational learning across projects.
- Help lead a focus group focused on ensuring a successful office approach to this sector of work.
- Areas of focus to include proposals, financials, relationships, staffing, mentorship
- Assist with marketing efforts in this sector.