Large company in east end of Louisville seeking a Mechanical Design Drafter. The position of Mechanical Designer/Drafter is to support the Engineering Manager in providing engineering support to internal departments, and external customers.
Mechanical Design Drafter Responsibilities/Duties
- Creating and maintaining models and drawings for craftsmen, vendors, and customers for existing and new equipment as directed
- Update bills of materials with revised parts or part numbers as directed
- Ability to Quote Welding/Machining Jobs
- Conduct equipment testing as directed
- Produce and analyze test reports on designated equipment
- Create and markup existing PDF documents using Adobe.
- Provide technical support for other departments as directed
- Provide technical support to customers and vendors via written/oral correspondence and/or in the field
- Assist engineering and project management staff with day to day project functions, as needed, including researching product specifications, contacting vendors, and other support functions as needed.
- Maintain utilization by assisting with non-drafting project activities such as component assembly and hands-on work in the shop as shop as appropriate.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time
Mechanical Design Drafter Skills/Training/Qualifications required
- horough knowledge of drawings, tools, equipment, software, methods and standard practices of the Engineering profession
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor and Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate technical information and provide technical advice/support as needed
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and productively with a heavy work load
- Models and drawings are generated and kept current
- Assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Good working relationship with others
- Internal and external audits produce positive results