Snelling is now hiring for an Import Order Management Specialist to join the Operations team at Buffalo Games and Puzzles in Buffalo! This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fun and innovative company. If you have a positive mindset, enjoy working as a team and are motivated to do your best this is the perfect place for you.
This is a temp-perm position with pay based on experience. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, apply today!
The Import Order Management Specialist will masterfully process orders from national retail business accounts in accordance with retailer and internal requirements to provide an accurate and timely handoff to Shipping and Fulfillment departments. The position will monitor incoming import orders through the ERP system to ensure accurate and timely delivery of product, along with providing excellent customer service to a variety of accounts through email and phone communication. The Import Order Management Specialist is also responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of retailer import requirements, preparing international shipping documents, and communicating directly with international freight forwarders and vendor partners to ensure all shipping requirements are being met.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
• Process orders into ERP system from national retail business customers swiftly and error-free, using ERP system to ensure inventory availability. Includes processing import, delivery, and invoicing transactions within the ERP system daily.
• Determine order requirements for preparation, labeling, routing and shipping by reviewing retailer guides and updating internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Special Shipping Instructions checklists (SSIs). Regularly and proactively review key retailer account guides in advance of incoming orders.
• Prepare orders according to SOPs for smooth handoff to each retailer’s designated international freight forwarder. Includes the creation and submission of all required import shipping documents.
• Monitor orders through scheduled daily expediting meetings and direct communication with internal departments to ensure timely shipment and delivery.
• Ensure document submission and shipping timeframes are met to avoid chargeback fees.
• Promote the use of BG Vendor Portal and maintain regular communication with partner factories to update order status or any changes to the shipping schedule.
• Learn vendor and partner portals within Target Partners Online, Wal-Mart Retail Link, Amazon Vendor Central ecosystems.
• Understand for document submission requirements and onboard new retail and factory partners.
• Promote ERP functionality and become an expert user of the system
• Effective communication with external customers and internal Sales and Operations departments.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• Exceptional focus on detail and accuracy
• Energy and internal drive to provide excellent customer service every day
• Ability to multitask in a high-paced and dynamic environment
• Positive and effective communication skills
• Solid problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and creativity
• Excellent PC skills with significant experience using Outlook, Excel and Word
• Proficiency performing internet research