Facilities Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Pay Rate: $18.75/hr.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
Weekly Electronic Pay
Location: Louisville, KY
Required Knowledge, Skill & Experience:
- A High School diploma or G.E.D., and five years related maintenance work experience.
- Performs work in the mechanic's skill area such as assembly, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, soldering, cutting and pipe fitting, carpentry, painting, drywall and grounds maintenance.
- Diagnose equipment failures.
- Installs and rearranges equipment. Dismantles, repairs and reassembles equipment.
- Complete routine paperwork as required.
- Uses typical mechanic's tools, meters, and inspection gages.
- Works from drawings, verbal instructions, work orders or sketches.
- Operates equipment to check work as required.
- Plan work scope, methods, tools and materials to be used for each project.
- Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for material and equipment inventory.
- Performs preventive maintenance and frequencies according to preventive maintenance schedules.
- Perform set ups and breakdowns for special events.
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds is required and lifting and/or moving up to 100 pounds is required occasionally.
Additional Skills and Requirements:
- Effective written and oral communication skills commensurate with the responsibilities of the position
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have effective organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Knows location of all shop equipment.
- Able to start, stop, and work all equipment.
- Works on ladders, scaffolds and in pits.
- Flexibility and patience are desired
- Must be flexible to work overtime, weekends and other shifts as needed
- Ability to establish and maintain working relations with subordinates, supervisors, co-workers, faculty and staff.
- Reliable transportation.
- Assist with snow removal.
- Ability to estimate and request supplies when needed
The Facilities Maintenance Mechanic calls for a skilled individual who can perform duties inside and outside the physical location. Under general supervision, performs a variety of general maintenance duties which include electrical, mechanical, plumbing and pipe fitting in the maintenance and repair of the buildings, grounds and equipment.\
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry for over 65 years. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States.
Keywords: [Maintenance], [Mechanic], [HVAC], [Plumbing], [Electrical], [Facilities], [Pipe fitting], [Carpentry], [Painting], [Drywall],