***Disclaimer - Snelling has been retained by the Science Spectrum to handle all aspects of recruiting for this position. To be considered, your application must originate from Snelling Staffing Services.
Education Coordinator summary
For over 30 years the Science Spectrum has been a growing icon of entertainment and educational resource for science education to hundreds of thousands of people in Lubbock and the surrounding areas. As they continue to grow through new exhibitions, programming, and research they are looking for an Education Coordinator to add to their team. The selected individual will be responsible for scheduling and teaching workshops, overseeing participants' safety in the lab, maintaining class paperwork, aiding in mobile lab set-up, and assisting with vehicle and machine maintenance. Ultimately, you will work with the Lab team to research and develop engaging programs using digital fabrication technology and will opportunistically promote the Lab programs with external organizations.
Education Coordinator responsibilities
- Deliver safe and engaging lessons using lab technologies.
- Deliver mobile Lab trailer/van and set up mobile Lab and all equipment for mobile engagements.
- Schedule Lab engagements.
- Maintain accurate daily lab records for attendance, machine usage, and inventory.
- Provide records and information in furtherance of grant reporting.
- Develop and deliver new Lab programming for visitors, students, and educators.
- Train staff, volunteers, interns, teachers, and guests on the use of Lab hardware and software.
- Create, maintain, and update the electronic database of the curriculum.
- Participate in other working groups and projects as assigned.
- Complete safety training on all Lab machinery; provide safety training to other staff, volunteers and guests.
Education Coordinator qualification and experience
- Candidate is required to have a college degree or equivalent experience in digital fabrication technology, preferably in a STEM- or education-related field and two years of teaching experience.
- Previous experience working and teaching in a digital fabrication studio or a computer lab is preferred.
- Candidate must be proficient in 2D design software and have some experience in introductory 3D design programs (e.g. Tinkercad, 1230 Design, Sketchup, etc.).
- Candidate must be comfortable teaching children ages 6 through adult.
Education Coordinator physical requirements
Candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds individually and push heavier carts and bend.
Education Coordinator compensation
The selected Education Coordinator will enjoy a competitive salary as well as a generous allotment of paid time off.
If you are ready to join a team whose success is driven by a culture that guarantees that the next generation of future scientists and explorers have the opportunity to be inspired to change the world-call today!
Interested and qualified candidates for the Education Coordinator position should submit their resume to Snelling for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.
For additional information, please contact Nicole Sharp at (806) 797-3281.
Locally owned and operated here in Lubbock since 1967, our Snelling team has been matching exceptional people with exceptional job opportunities for over 50 years. Our local Staffing Team has over 200 years of combined staffing experience here in Lubbock alone. Whether you're searching for your next opportunity or looking for qualified talent, trust the staffing and recruiting experts at Snelling to help you achieve more.
Awards and Recognition:
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal 2018 Best of Lubbock® - Best Employment Agency
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2019)
2019 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
2018 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States - Staffing Industry Analysts 2018
Best Professional Search Firms® - Forbes 2018