Under general IT Operations Supervisor and/or Senior Technical Support Specialist supervision, diagnose, trouble-shoot and resolve technical and end-user problems in a customer service oriented, team environment. Install, maintain and support software, hardware and peripherals running on local and wide area networks. Provide administrative support as required.
Key Functions & Responsibilities of the Helpdesk Technical Support Specialist
· Respond to telephone, e-Mail, and Help Desk initiated requests for technical support, with follow-up troubleshooting, research, and resolution.
· Logs and tracks issues using the respective Help Desk database and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
· Deliver, install, and test computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
· Monitor and execute data transmittal requests, customer follow-up with any transmittal errors or issues.
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities of the Helpdesk Technical Support Specialist
· Skill level normally associated with 1-2 years college course work (degree) in Business, Information Technology or related fields, and 3 years hands on experience in same or similar position or its equivalent.
· Proven ability to resolve problems efficiently, recognizing customers' competence levels and their priority, and able to approach each level appropriately.
· Solid working knowledge of Windows O/S and Microsoft business applications.
· Basic understanding of networking fundamentals, and computer hardware and peripherals.
· Formal training in either UNIX or Windows O/S Administration.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Certification in either Solaris or MCSE.
· Skill level normally associated with an Associates Degree in Computer Science or related fields and 4-6 years of experience within the Information Technologies field.