Want to accelerate your career by joining a growing international company? World leader in vinyl products is searching for a Plant Manager to join their team in Birmingham, Alabama. This key position directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, sourcing, quality and other production related activities. Let's take a look at some of the key functions:
- Manage plant operations for production (PVC compounding, extrusion, fabrication), maintenance, planning, quality, raw material sourcing and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over operation expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries to ensure the factory meets financial budget for expenses.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production.
- Implement and maintain group quality standards.
- Control and minimize raw material stocks (and recycling).
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to production staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- English is a must. Spanish and French are a plus.
- 5 years' experience plant management, production management, or other management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills needed. Must be able to develop and coach employees.
Possess the goods? Interested and qualified? Please email your resume with “Plant Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com or fax it to 205.879.9150. Snelling is a full service recruiting firm placing candidates in temporary, temp-to-hire and permanent positions for over 65 years. Snelling is a drug free workplace. All inquiries are strictly confidential and all search fees are paid by our clients. Contact us today with confidence!