We are looking for a senior level tax preparer with experience using Ultratax (or similar software). The person in this position works directly with clients. The ideal candidate will be detail orientated, possess good working knowledge of tax law, well organized and have excellent communication skills.
The primary responsibility is preparing Income Tax Returns including forms 1040, 1065, 1120, 1102S, and 1041, along with some state returns. This person will review client accounting, make necessary adjustments and prepare financial statements. This position will also assist clients with IRS issues and write responses to the IRS. There will also be some payroll reporting, year-end reporting and administrative work as needed. We work as a team on these projects.
1. Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting or comparable 1+ years public accounting experience.
2. A current and valid certified public accountants license is required.
3. Must be in good standing with the state board and AICPA.
4. Active PTIN
5. Strong knowledge of Internal Revenue Code and regulations, various tax forms and their interrelationships, return filing requirements and due dates.
6. ProSeries/Ultratax tax software experience a plus
7. Great organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
8. Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
9. Experience with QuickBooks, Excel and Word
10. Likes to be a team player and works well with others
We are very flexible in non-tax season, meaning, if you finish your work, then go play. During tax season, you can expect roughly 60 hrs per week.
Please include resume AND salary requirement with your response for consideration.