Snapology New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Snapology Art Instructor Position Summary
At Snapology we encourage children to create and interact with technology and explore the world around them through a hands-on approach that promotes playful learning, and YOU could be at the center of the experience!
Snapologists are asked to promote creativity, teamwork and problem-solving skills while educating students on S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) concepts. Programs are conducted for children ages 2-14, although not all instructors are required to teach all age groups. This role requires internal collaboration and communication with Snapology leadership as well as representing the Snapology organization to parents and children with a high degree of professionalism.
We are looking for a creative, flexible art teacher to join our team of educators in our after-school programs held in three pubic, Long Island City schools. The art teacher’s responsibilities include sourcing art supplies, preparing lessons, and providing developmentally appropriate instruction on art techniques. You should also be able to supervise lessons to ensure that learners interact in a supportive and respectful manner.
Art Instructor Responsibilities:
· Lead groups of up to 24 students
- Planning lessons on art and art history in accordance with students' learning objectives.
- Preparing the classroom by gathering and setting up equipment.
- Developing students' drawing, coloring, and painting techniques.
- Providing instruction on the use of media such as graphite and charcoal pencils, as well as oil, acrylic, and watercolor paint.
- Teaching students about art history.
- Ensuring that the classroom is clean after each lesson.
- Monitoring inventory and sourcing art supplies, as needed.
- Attending team and company meetings
- Capability in working both independently and together as a team
Art Teacher Requirements:
- Criminal and Child Clearances must be current
- Must be Fully Vaccinated
- Bachelor's degree in fine arts with teaching qualification, or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an art teacher.
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of art techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to supervise group work.
- Outstanding planning and problem-solving skills.
- Supportive, flexible disposition.
- Available to work during evenings, on occasion.
Inclusive and positive culture
Flexible schedules and work/life balance
Opportunities for performance-based raises
Work with children who are excited about S.T.E.A.M.
Continue to build your teaching portfolio through diverse lesson plans and curriculum
This position is part-time, where depending on availability, teachers may work between 6-30 hours per week.
Weekday after-school and/or evening classes
Quarterly Virtual and/or Onsite Meetings
Job Type: Part-time
Hours: 2:00-6:00pm Monday-Friday
Salary: $30 per hour | $600 per week
SnapologyWhy Work Here?
Inclusive and positive culture with flexible schedules and work/life balance!
At Snapology, we understand that children are meant to learn through play. When children are actively engaged in hands-on, interactive learning activities, their creativity flourishes and they show a greater interest in school. Snapology helps your child grow up with a thirst for knowledge. How do we do it? Snapology engages children ages 2-14 using LEGO® bricks, K’Nex and technology. While the kids are having fun, we sneak in the educational concepts. In most cases, kids don’t realize how much they are learning!
AddressNew York, NY