Can you imagine yourself teaching children in a fun and inclusive environment using LEGO® bricks and other building mediums and technology? At Snapology we encourage children to create and interact with technology and explore the world around them through a hands-on approach that promotes playful learning, and YOU could be at the center of the experience by being a part of After School Programs, STEM Camps and Fieldtrips!
The primary focus of this position will be to teach Snapology classes, workshops, camps and other programs. Teachers will use creativity, teamwork and problem-solving skills while educating students on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) concepts. Programs are conducted for children ages 3-14, although not all teachers are required to teach all age groups. This role requires collaboration and communication with Snapology management as well as representing the Snapology organization to parents & children with a high degree of professionalism.
Visit http://www.snapology.com/locations/hopedale to learn about us.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead groups of up to 16 students through established curriculum-guided activities
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Create a fun and engaging atmosphere for the students
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies
- Manage student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- Adequately prepare for each program by reading curriculum, watching training videos and/or participating in face-to-face training sessions
- Handle inquiries from parents regarding Snapology programs
- Encourage students & parents to enroll students in future Snapology programs
- Participate in periodic Snapology training & staff meetings
- Experience working with children in a classroom or camp environment
- Education degree or teaching experience preferred but not required, teachers pursuing a degree in education will also be considered for this position
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Criminal and Child Clearances must be current
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour