SMOG TECH INSTITUTE (STI) is a leader in automotive career education. With 5 locations, our mission is to help increase our students earning potential by providing smog and other automotive technical training. We are searching for like-minded professionals who share our commitment to helping students build the skills and confidence to succeed as Smog Technicians and/or STAR Certified Station shop owners and general automotive technicians.
We are currently seeking part-time technical trainers to teach a new line of Diagnostic Workshops at our San Marcos, Fullerton, Chatsworth, San Diego, and San Marcos campuses. In this position, you will be responsible for delivering quality educational material to students of all levels in the automotive field and helping them develop the technical skills needed to further their careers.
Essential responsibilities include:.
- Teaching instructional material and hands-on lab components on all courses.
- Teaching courses in accordance with the campus class schedule
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of students’ attendance and students’ academic grades and progress.
- Enforcing all classroom management policies and processes.
- Communicating with management regarding student’s concerns.
- Developing and implementing student-centered and student engaging classroom activities and methods of teaching and learning.
- Participating in company instructor meetings and required update training.
- Related industry and/or teaching experience.
- Ability to effectively present information to maximize fast-paced learning.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of web-based instructions and communications.
We offer an exciting and dynamic work environment in fully-equipped smart classrooms and state-of-the-art automotive shops. Steady income with classes that run continuously. Competitive salary and office/administrative support. If changing students’ lives is important to you, and you have the qualifications needed, we would like to hear from you.
Job Type: Part-time
- Automotive Smog Inspector & Repair Technician
- ASE Master certification
- Factory experience
- Module programming
- Brake and Lamp certification
- Automotive Electrical
- Vehicle networks
- EVAP Systems
- Advanced Scan tool
- Direct injection
- Variable valve timing