- Posted: over a month ago
- $110,000 to $130,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Responsible for all phases of product development from conception through production of RF/Microwave/MMW components (e.g., couplers, power dividers, LNA’s, mixers, PA’s, switches, phase shifters, attenuators, oscillators, antennas, ferrite devices, etc) and subsystems (e.g., transceivers, frequency converters, RADAR front-ends, radiometer front-ends, LO sources, frequency synthesizers, switch matrices, arrays) built up from these components.
Responsibilities may include: Bid & Proposal, project management, detailed design, design for manufacture, testing and design production support. A high degree of flexibility is required due to the varying needs of the business, specific needs of the project, and along the project lifecycle.
Requires a high degree of creative ability, engineering skill, and independent judgment
- Application of advanced technical concepts, techniques, and procedures to the development of RF/Microwave/MMW products. Identifies and documents functional requirements
- Development of RF design and specifications, analysis of alternative designs, subassembly and module design, verification testing, and peer review of RF designs
- Provide necessary documentation and technical expertise to support bid and proposal efforts including technical writing and costing
- Contributes to complete major engineering projects or several small projects, including the efforts of Mechanical and Electrical Drafters, Technicians and other Engineering Staff
- Prepare and provides formal briefings to the Staff and Project Sponsors
- Lead technical discussions at project review sessions and in negotiations with the Project Sponsor
- Define and organize proposed projects into the tasks and activities needed to solve the problems being addressed. Schedule work to meet completion dates and technical specifications
- Regularly provide technical guidance and oversight to Technical Staff
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations
- Manage engineering projects for technical performance, budget, and schedule
- Other duties as required
- Competent in RF linear and non-linear circuit simulation using software such as AWR, Eagleware, or ADS
- Competent in analog DC, AC, and transient circuit simulation using SPICE or derivative
- Competent in RF measurements and design validation procedures
- Experience with 2.5D and 3D electromagnetic problems and simulation tools
- General knowledge of military specifications for building, testing, screening, and producing various electronic devices
- Ability to read customer specifications and select purchased parts based on customer documentation
- Experience with Reliability analysis such as IAW MIL-HDBK-217
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual who assumes task ownership
- Ability to understand and evaluate metrics and apply process improvement measures
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience in component selection and certification for space-based microwave designs
- Knowledgeable of multi-layer printed wiring boards (PWB) design and layout up to 20 GHz • Knowledgeable of single-layer duroid and ceramic layout up to 40GHz
- Knowledgeable of chip & wire/bare die design practices
- Knowledgeable of waveguide design practices up to 325GHz
- Knowledgeable of system architecture and block diagram planning of up converters and down converters
- Knowledgeable of frequency planning and mixer spurious analysis for up and down converters
- Knowledgeable of phase noise requirements, cascaded phase noise performance, and connection to hardware implementation methods
- General knowledge of the requirements for and design of microwave sources, LNAs, SSPAs, mixers, filters, and synthesizers • SSPA design of at least 10W linear from C-band through Ka Band using GaN or GaAs devices
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or relevant technical degree. Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years (with MS degree) or 10 years (with BS degree) of microwave design experience in a product development environment preferred
- Experience with RF/microwave products is strongly preferred
- Experience designing for harsh environments including space is strongly preferred
Travel: Up to 5% domestic US travel may be required
Security: U.S. Person required (U.S. Citizen, National, or Permanent Resident). Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance, if needed.
We are looking for innovative talent to join our the teams at our Northampton, Massachusetts; Tampa, Florida; and Thousand Oaks, California locations.
Smiths Interconnect Inc.Why Work Here?
Smiths Interconnect is a global company manufacturing innovative connectivity solutions. Join our team for an exciting career!
Smiths Interconnect is committed to our customers’ success in deploying the most advanced radar, electronic warfare systems, satellite communications, data links, public safety radio networks, and more. Our RF/Microwave component and subsystem heritage is deep, and our commitment to excellence is proven - with over fifty-five years of success in commercial communications, homeland security platforms, and military programs. We are looking for innovative talent to join our the teams at our Northampton, Massachusetts; Tampa, Florida; and Thousand Oaks, California locations.
4726 Eisenhower Blvd. TampaTampa, FL