- Posted: February 19, 2023
The Material Planner is responsible for the end-to-end material planning and execution, including strategy, alignment of Oracle schedules, Sales Inventory and Operational Planning (SIOP).
Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for coordinating with Master Scheduler, Program Management and Operations to ensure the MRP system accurately reflects Independent Demand schedules.
* Engages with other functions to ensure inputs to the MRP system are accurate and outputs are as expected.
* Provides accurate status of materials for their assigned product or program.
* Ability to identify and clearly communicate obstacles preventing execution to meet or exceed customer requirements.
* Releases Planned Orders for BUY and MAKES per MRP workbench.
* Creates requisitions for tools and equipment bought to SII drawings.
* Participates in Daily, Weekly or Monthly Program and/or Production meetings.
* Prepares a variety of reports, including can builds, material LOB, etc. as required to support materials management function.
* Supports customer meetings as required.
* Complies with and ensures department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
* Complies with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
* Other duties as required.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Understanding of multi-level bills of material required.
* Understanding of LOB (Line of Balances) material and operational required.
* Excellent computer skills including in Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Outlook and ERP system required.
* Ability to learn new software required.
* Concise and precise verbal and written communication skills required.
* Must be able to manage several objectives and reassign priorities.
* Ability to deal with a wide variety of variables in situations where only limited standardizations exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to operate in and take direction in a virtual organization.
* Ability to work in cross-functional, multi-cultural teams.
* Formal Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Continuous Improvement skills are a plus.
* Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly throughout the facility.
Experience: 8+ years of related planning, scheduling and/or materials management experience, preferably working in a manufacturing environment.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or an additional 3-5 years of experience required.
Travel: Up to 10% / minimal
Security: U.S. Person required (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident). May be required to obtain a security clearance.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Interconnect
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Smiths Interconnect
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?