- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
The Quality Engineer will support the Edgewood Quality Team. This role will be providing quality support for the assigned product (s) or areas of responsibilities. This role will also support the overall quality system by leading the internal audit team and overseeing the corrective action system.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Work cross functionally with P and T, Manufacturing Engineering, Production and Service in providing effective and responsive support to resolve in-house, customer and supplier quality related issues.
- Deploy through all stages of the supply chain Corrective and Preventive action management with root cause analysis in order to safeguard the product and the customer experience.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the QMS to ISO9001. Including completion of Internal Audits and provision of support during External Audits.
- Implement first time through (FTT) measurements at key points in the manufacturing process and report weekly results and root cause analysis.
- Perform in-process, and final assembly random audits. Collect and publish results. Conduct feedback sessions for corrective and preventative action.
- Work with the engineering and manufacturing teams to help design and execute the necessary product qualification and validation tests and any necessary analysis and follow-up activities.
- Participate in the development and improvement of the manufacturing processes for existing and new products. Coordination of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) activities.
- Product performance analysis and reporting supported by the Quality Analyst
- Drive and implement plant wide quality system improvements in alignment with and/or under the direction of the Quality Manager.
- Lead and participate in problem solving meetings using approved/formal problem-solving tools (8D, PDCA, etc).
- Lead PFMEA/Dynamic Control Plan (DCP) activity and ensure that all failure modes in process have been identified and addressed.
- Maintain 5S practices. Participate / facilitate in LEAN 6 Sigma events.
- Support key quality and management system processes such as NCR, CAPA and ECN
- Lead training activities on Quality related Procedures.
- Provide functional expertise to other support functions on quality related issues.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable corporate and regulatory export control and security regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent; ASQ-CQE and/or sufficient education and experience to effectively perform the duties)
- ASQ-Certified Quality Auditor a plus
- Lean six sigma green belt certified a plus.
- 5 years minimum experience in quality assurance within a high-technology manufacturing environment
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems manufacture is preferred
- Strong capabilities in quality planning and analysis, statistical tools and data analysis
- Experience with and good knowledge of ISO 9001 or higher.
- Environmental management systems around ISO 14001 experience an asset.
- Previous experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Strong analytical approach, ability to facilitate team process problem solving with strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluent with Word, Excel, Power Point or Visio and SAP ERP.
- Experience with management system implementation, process mapping and flowcharting.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
*We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
*SDI is a Federal Contractor and a drug-free workplace. By submitting an application, I confirm that I understand that the Company has a right to require me to submit to a drug test prior to employment and at any time during my employment, to the extent permitted by law.
We deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibitive weapons, contraband, biological threats, toxic chemicals and narcotics.
Our goal is simple – to provide the security, peace of mind and freedom of movement upon which the world depends.
Smiths Detection Inc.
2202 Lakeside BlvdEdgewood, MD
ManufacturingView all jobs at Smiths Detection Inc.
Get fresh Manufacturing Quality Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.