Plant Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd Shift - Sioux Center, Iowa
Smithfield Foods Sioux Center, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Directs maintenance crews in the installation, repair and preventive maintenance of equipment used throughout the plant, facilities, utilities and powerhouse equipment. Oversees maintenance of processes in order to reduce mechanical downtime and keep product flows and production lines running at maximum efficiency.
- Leads teams of Maintenance Mechanics & Electricians in predictive & preventative maintenance and machine repair.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and day to day supervision of maintenance systems, processes and documentation associated with efficient and High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Prevention and Predictive Maintenance, TPM, SOP's, Safety, etc.).
- Ensures maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and works closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs.
- Develops and/or maintains Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, 3rd party contractor performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.)
- Provides long term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
- Trains employees on proper work methods and safety procedures.
- Ensures tasks are completed in accordance with USDA regulations.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory.
- Provides regular status reports to maintenance management team.
- In the absence of key personnel the employee's supervisor or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee's duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or GED and 2+ years of maintenance or process/project engineering experience; required.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and previous leadership experience, preferred.
- Advanced technical skills in ammonia refrigeration, high pressure boiler, compressed air, mechanical and electrical fields (e.g. PLCs, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, etc.) and is able to lead resource planning efforts in a large manufacturing environment, preferred.
Thorough knowledge of maintenance systems, work order processes, preventive/predictive maintenance, TPM, inventory and scheduling software, preferred.
Strong leadership skills (conflict resolution, facilitation, change management skills, decision making, empowerment and delegation), preferred.
Able to lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts associated with high-level process issues.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Good planning and priority setting skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
May be required to work long hours and weekends.
AddressSioux Center, IA
Real EstateView all jobs at Smithfield Foods