IT Application Developer / Analyst
SmithFoods Orrville Inc. Orrville, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This salaried position is responsible for all aspects of business applications related to business process analysis, software evaluation and selection, software deployments, upgrades, application development, maintenance and changes.
A customer/business-centric approach is key to success in this role. Applicants must have excellent communication skills, a strong technical background in business analysis, application development and related best practices. Project management skills are a definite plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides the company with top quality, consistently available business application functionality and performance
- Participates in business process and software gap analysis efforts
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills
- Defines, designs, develops, and delivers high quality business applications, and integrations to packaged business software
- Expected to be very versatile and to work with a wide variety of applications & platforms
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy in developing technical designs based on functional requirements and specifications
- Ability to effectively communicate both technically and functionally
- Collaborates with IT support for operational handoff of new projects and application changes
- Understands and adapts to new or changing situations, requirements, or priorities
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment involving others in making decisions, draws on strengths of colleagues, and gives credit to others’ contributions and achievements
- Follows IT Project Management and Release Management processes for implementations
Required Duties of all Associates
- Manage all company business according to the cultural objectives of the company (values and behaviors)
- Understand and execute the principles of the company’s Operational Excellence program driving the right behaviors, standards and continuous improvement across all operating entities
- Participate in cross-functional teams as required to advance the business interests of the company
- Compliance with all company and regulatory policies/guidelines relating to associate safety, food safety and food quality
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Nothing of note
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Monday – Friday full-time
- Additional hours and days (holidays, week-ends) as required
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience
- Background in hands-on software development and problem resolution required
- 3-5 years of experience in a development role building & supporting business applications
- Experience developing functional and technical designs
- Functional working knowledge & understanding of application platforms, relational databases and performance tuning
- 2 – 3 years or more of experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 or D365 from both functional and technical perspectives
- 4+ years of Microsoft’s .Net experience in an integrated systems environment, specifically C# .Net, SQL for development and processing of data, Java Script / HTML
- 3+ years of development experience in SSIS, SSRS
- 4+ years of experience working with relational databases, particularly Microsoft SQL Server
- Demonstrated knowledge of application architecture and software architectural best practices
- The ability and desire to quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
- An understanding of the MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Access, Visio
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with JDA Warehouse Management, HighJump Route Administrator, OnBase Workflow and Document Management, AS400/RAMS, EDI, Atlas, Process Maker and/or WIN
- Excellent business acumen, thorough understanding of business processes, ability to participate in and document business process flow discussions
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence knowledge and experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
SmithFoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for employment, recruitment, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, pay, benefits, lay-off, demotion or termination of employment will be made without consideration of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military status, ancestry, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
SmithFoods Orrville Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at SmithFoods Orrville Inc.