Customer Service Representative
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Customer Service Representative I is responsible for handling all order inquiries, both written and verbal, regarding existing or completed orders. This position is the focal point for customer contact as it relates to inquiries on handgun and handcuff parts, aftermarket products (i.e. apparel, gifts, accessories, repairs and services), and the placement of orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receiving verbal phone-in orders from customers; determining Smith & Wesson discounts, customer classification and terms of sale.
- Identify and advise manager of problem areas, i.e., parts shortages, shipping delays, service failures, highly dissatisfied customers, quality issues, etc.
- Responding to all written and verbal communications from customers regarding emergency orders, status of existing orders, shortages, shipping errors, delivery dates, price quotes, obsolete merchandise, complaints, credits, order tracking and returns.
- Notifying customer about availability problems, unreasonable delays and quantity errors.
- Processing the replacement of handguns with authorization of department manager.
- Communicating with customers to meet delivery and maintain desired quality standards.
- Making sensitive determinations on part orders to be sent free of charge under warranty.
- Responding to sensitive customer inquiries and complaints regarding handgun quality and service department delays.
- Entering orders correctly resulting in proper shipments.
- Giving customers the correct information so they are able to make informed decisions regarding purchases.
- Maintaining Smith & Wesson's standard of excellence in customer service.
- Following all Smith & Wesson policies, programs and procedures.
- Responding to additional assignments from management as required.
- Working effectively as part of a team.
- Regular attendance (as defined in our policies) is required.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Minimum 1-3 years' data entry/customer service experience required; may substitute previous experience within Smith & Wesson in lieu of data entry/customer service experience.
- High School diploma/GED or College degree preferred.
- Typing: 40WPM required; 50-60WPM preferred.
- The possession of technical knowledge regarding parts and their use is preferred.
- The possession of specialized knowledge about services and policies and the ability to apply this knowledge in serving customers is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to perform with a minimum of supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Complete all necessary training as required by assigned department and position as well as participate in and follow all company initiatives.
- Must have working command of and be able to read, write and interpret the English language.
- Must be able to communicate in English verbally and in writing (verbal instructions, written memos and instructions).
- Long periods of sitting are required, as well as long periods of working on the computer.
- May need to be able to lift up to 30lbs on occasion.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection is required when on factory floor
- The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
- All employees are required to apply ergonomic principles to all job tasks.
- Normal office environment conditions.
- Within the Smith & Wesson manufacturing facility, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting.
- Work environment is similar to most manufacturing operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting.
Headquartered in Springfield, MA, the quality of life, excellent schools, and diversity of residential options in or around Springfield provide a historic, picturesque, and well-located place to call home. Springfield is the home of the Springfield Amory, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, and a host of other historic attractions. Smith & Wesson also has locations in Maine, Connecticut and Missouri employing over 1,800 team members.
Smith and WessonWhy Work Here?
Smith & Wesson is a U.S.-based leader in firearm manufacturing and design, delivering a broad portfolio of quality firearms, related products, and training to the U.S. consumer and law enforcement markets, as well as global military and law enforcement customers. The company’s brands include Smith & Wesson®, M&P®, Performance Center®, Thompson/Center ArmsTM, and Gemtech®. For more information on Smith & Wesson, call (800) 331-0852. Headquartered in Springfield, MA, the quality of life, excellent schools, and diversity of residential options in or around Springfield provide a historic, picturesque, and well-located place to call home. Springfield is the home of the Springfield Amory, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, and a host of other historic attractions. Smith & Wesson also has locations in Maine, Connecticut and Missouri employing over 1,800 team members.