The Mail Clerk will be responsible primarily for receiving, collecting, sorting, delivery, storage, and assist in destruction of mail. This position reports to the Document Capture Supervisor.
Primary duties include but not limited to:
· Receive Mail from mail courier at the dock; retrieve mail from the Incoming Lockbox
· Log, Sort and Slit Mail
· Deliver Mail to appropriate locations defined by mail type
· Retrieve completed mail from the Scanning Clerk(s) and Balance Clerk
· Box and Store completed scanned batches
· Retrieve batches as requested from the Balance Clerk for QC and Reject purposes
· Assist in the mail destruction process
In addition to primary duties assigned the Mail Clerk will complete duties and actions assigned by management, as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Decision Making, Independence, Analyzing Information, Results Driven
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operation by keeping information confidential
· Maintains confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations
· Maintains operations by following policies and procedures
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Completion of a standard high school or equivalent experience and training, with knowledge of basic computer skill and can uphold procedures and practices
· Must possess a valid driver’s license or equivalent with a good driving record
· Must be eligible for employment in the United States
· Pass background check
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Duties are performed in a warehouse/office environment. Must be able to stand and/or sit for long periods of time. Work involves physical effort encountered in normal, everyday office activities. Has the ability to lift and move resources, equipment, and materials over 60 pounds. Must be able to bend, stoop and reach on a regular basis. Forklift experience preferred. Must have visual acuity at a normal level.