Smith Mechanical Construction of LA New Orleans, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Currently hiring a Journeyman Plumber to join fast moving, aggressive plumbing company. Majority of work consists of new construction with some remodel and repairs. Journeyman must have active plumbing license, hand tools, reliable transportation, and be drug free. (A drug test will be required.) Pay to be discussed at interview.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers or water heaters, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools.
- Keep records of work assignments.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Direct helpers engaged in pipe cutting, preassembly, or installation of plumbing systems or components.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $28.00 per hour
Smith Mechanical Construction of LA
AddressNew Orleans, LA
ConstructionView all jobs at Smith Mechanical Construction of LA