Smith Engineering Inc is on a mission to create a team that our customers rave about! We are searching for a mature, independent Water Service Technician. We are a growing company in a niche marketplace. We appreciate and take care of our employees with unique benefits such as performance bonuses and company sponsored events.
Smith Engineering is a growing manufacturer of custom water filtration equipment located in Chaska, MN. We consider our service team our best source of new customers! We offer competitive pay and excellent benefit packages, as well as opportunities for personal growth and career advancement. We are seeking an experienced, professional Water Service Technician to join our service team.
Service Technician – Electrical & Maintenance
Electrical and maintenance service technicians are responsible for diagnosing and correcting complex system failures, making field modifications to existing systems and performing preventative maintenance on systems.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
· Communicate with customers and coworkers
· Troubleshoot and repair AC and DC electrical circuits
· Read and interpret plumbing and electrical schematics
· Possess a basic understanding of PLC logic
· Familiar with programming of PLC’s
· Familiar with programming and troubleshooting VFD’s
· Understanding of electrical panel wiring, low and high voltage
· Provide electrical integration services of new and old equipment, along with any updates requested by customers
· Troubleshoot and repair mechanical systems
· Perform preventative maintenance on mechanical systems
· Calibrate measurement devices
· Installation and on-site startup of new equipment
· Organized, on-time completion of required documentation
· Regular overtime & weekend work is required
· Occasional travel (domestic and international)
· Technicians participate in on-call rotation
Starting salary based on experience level.