Clinical Assistant: Busy Chiropractic Office in El Cerrito Seeking Assistant
Job Description: Clinical Assistant to Doctor of Chiropractic and Liaison to Front Desk.
· Work Closely with the Provider and other Staff Members as an Integral Part of the Clinical Team
· Administration of Care (Placing Patients onto Physical Therapy Modalities and Traction, Instructing and Monitoring Exercise Programs)
· Administration of Digital Range of Motion and Muscle Testing, plus Report Preparation
· Implementation of Patient Treatment Plans as directed by Doctor and Front Desk
· Support for Front Desk (Answering Phones, Scheduling, Greeting Patients, Assisting with Paperwork, Light Clerical Work, Over-the- Counter Collections, Interviewing Patients on Intake, and Patient Routing through Office)
· Participation in Weekly Staff Meetings
· Perform other Duties as Requested, and in accordance with established policies and procedures
· Maintain a Positive Attitude
· Team Player
· Excellent Work Ethic (Self-Motivated, Takes the Initiative, Ability to Multitask)
· Ability to Lift 20-30 pounds
· Excellent Customer Service Skills and Etiquette (In Person and on the Phone)
· Computer Literacy (Ability to Learn New Software)
· Bilingual in Spanish (Ability to Communicate in Clinical Terms with Spanish-Speaking Patients)
· Basic Understanding of Human Anatomy
The Following Qualifications a Plus:
· Understanding of Chiropractic Care / Physical Therapy
Ideal Professional Experience:
· Personal Trainer
· Medical Assistant
This position requires significant training. Our clinic is a small but busy practice with a close-knit team of 4, plus rotating Massage Therapists. You will work one-on-one with the Doctor and will have the full support from the Staff. Free parking, 2 blocks from BART.
This is an exempt salaried position which requires a modified work schedule.
Monday – Wednesday – Thursday 8-12, 1:00-6:30 = 9.5 hours per day
Friday: 7:30-12:30 = 5 hours
33.5 hours per week
This potion requires significant training by the entire staff. We invest a lot into helping you be your best and creating a very positive work environment. There is a 90 day training period. At the end you must be proficient at all duties included in your job description.
Initial salary is based on $16.00 per hour during the training period. (First 90 days)
At the completion of the training period salary is based on $17.00 an hour, with annual review, Kaiser benefits, non-deductible plan, employer pays 80% employee pays 20%.