Smith Bigman Brock is an established and well respected Daytona Beach Law Firm located just two blocks from the beach. We are in need of an experienced, full-time paralegal to join our defense practice group. Only candidates with two or more years experience in insurance defense litigation will be considered for this position. Candidates with experience in First Party Property claims defense are preferred. We offer highly competitive compensation, full benefits package and excellent work environment.
Here's what you need to grab this outstanding opportunity:
- Prepare medical chronologies;
- Prepare discovery responses;
- Conduct research to support legal proceedings;
- Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents;
- Investigate facts to help in the negotiation of legal disputes;
- Monitor and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations;
- Record and store client information; and
- Track, record, and report billable hours timely.
- Two or more years’ experience as an insurance defense paralegal;
- First Party property claims defense experience preferred;
- Excellent legal research and writing skills;
- Ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Deadline and detail-oriented;
- Experience with case management software;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys, clients, professional staff and peers; and
- Familiarity with Florida and Federal rules of civil procedure, court deadlines, civil filing procedures and e-filing.
At Smith Bigman Brock we are proud of our commitment to excellence in all that we do! If you have what it takes, don't miss this opportunity to join our team and grow with us!
Smith Bigman Brock is a first-call resource, known for our strengths in complex divorce and family law concerns, transactions, and matters involving trusts and estates, business litigation and appeals, with formidable concentrations in insurance defense and real estate concerns at all levels of complexity.