Systems Administrator II - (on-site) Show Low AZ
- $35 to $39 Hourly
Who We Are:
For almost 30 years, Smith Bagley, Inc. (SBi) has served the communications needs of underserved rural communities and tribal lands in the Southwest. Our cellular division, Cellular One, is a leading regional provider of mobile technology and wireless communications service operating a network of more than 230 cell sites, covering 60,000 square miles. We also own Sunstate Technology Group, an IT Firm that serves a wide variety of organizations from Fire and EMS to healthcare and schools. Discover our values and what makes us tick in this quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClBQVq-9y9E
What Can You Expect From SBi?
SBi offers a competitive salary range to meet you where you are today with a clear path to success where you may be rewarded with: a free cell phone account, monthly fitness and wellness reimbursements, employee assistance programs, quarterly bonuses as well as an incredible benefit package that includes: Medical/Dental/Vision/Short & Long Term Disability/ Life Insurance/401k.
What Does SBi Expect From You?
YOU are a perfect fit if you’re highly productive and good at setting goals, keeping track of progress and taking initiative to improve your work. Always ready to take the first step, you’re action-oriented, practical and focused. You take a lot of pride in practicing excellence in the ordinary and following through with the tasks that have been assigned to you or your team.
Job Description Summary:
System Administrator II is an escalation point and mentor who works with the Help Desk to resolve escalated issues and bring proactive solutions to the clients.
As with all positions at Sunstate, the SBC. must exhibit actions and behaviors that promote a positive, supportive working environment at all times. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advanced troubleshooting of Windows Server 2008 thru 2022 and Windows 10/11 operating systems
- Advanced configuration and troubleshooting VMware environments
- Build engineer and troubleshoot Windows Active Directory environments
- Engineer, migration, configuration, and troubleshooting for Microsoft O365 platforms
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems, determining cause and effect
- Provide Technical training to end users as requested or needed
- Troubleshoot peripheral devices
- Oversee and document server maintenance such as backup monitoring; apply BIOS/Firmware updates and install security patches.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task
- Display strong interpersonal, and communication skills
- Display strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines with little to no supervision
- Expertly understand and apply advanced system knowledge to configure and troubleshoot network environments
- Be proficient and fluent in all Sunstate applications and processes.
- Provide individual and team training as directed.
- Attend all management and training as assigned.
- Continue to work service tickets with the goal of keeping our response and resolution times as low as possible.
Service Desk Thought Processes/Goals:
- All tickets should be touched every day, excluding scheduled tickets in the future that must have dates.
- BrightGauge metric for not updated in over 2 days.
- All Needs Scheduling and all Escalated tickets need templates attached in the notes with required fields inserted.
- All Scheduled Remote tickets need to have a time/date attached to the resource.
- All Needs Scheduling tickets need to be scheduled daily or have notes in them on why they can’t be scheduled for future meetings.
- All tickets should have a “what needs to be done” note-taking style attached to them. This allows a more fluid transition of tickets between techs.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2008R2 thru 2019, Windows AD administration
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network technologies
- Advanced knowledge of wireless technologies
- The ability to use sound judgment in the promotion of maximum service uptime.
- A track record of supporting the overall IT organization through collaboration and communication.
- Advanced experience within server virtualization – Vmware
- 6 – 8 years of experience
Full Time in Show Low AZ
Hourly: $35 - $38/hour DOE
Generous Benefit Package: Monthly fitness and wellness reimbursements, employee assistance programs, quarterly bonuses as well as an incredible benefit package that includes: Medical/Dental/Vision/Short & Long Term Disability/ Life Insurance/401k
Smith Bagley, IncShow Low, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.