SmileDirectClub Antioch, TN
- Expired: July 25, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job ID: 2021-12220
Category: Information Technology
We're SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they'll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you'll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we're all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we're spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It's no small task. That's why we're looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
SmileDirectClub is hiring a Product Manager to help guide the process of enhancing or developing new features for the product. You will define the Product Roadmap and refine its Features by investigating customer and internal stakeholder requirements, understanding existing and potentially new value-added capabilities, and outlining the correct strategy for implementation. Key for this role is to communicate effectively with the business owners and engineering staff to triangulate market/business needs with technical realities. The Product Manager will be directly responsible for driving the agile process by participating in daily scrums, writing and explaining requirements, and providing status updates to the VP and other senior leaders. This role must also interact productively with cross-functional departments as well as understand and communicate out any dependencies on those departments.
- Define and manage product development activities regarding ideation, specification, design, test and deployment
- Partner with Stakeholders and Engineering to gather specification and develop requirements
- Work with Sr. Product Managers and some executive-level stakeholders to support strategic product roadmaps given time and resource constraints
- Understand market trends, anticipate competitive threats and make necessary adjustments in strategic product plans
- Provides support to resolve product, quality or customer satisfaction problems
- Assist with preparation for stakeholder presentations and milestone activities
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Create user stories and functional requirements
- Consistently manage and groom the Jira backlog to ensure work is ready for development team
- Facilitate scrum ceremony activities as necessary
- Take end-user POV and translate into a business solution
- Be the "voice of the customer" when creating a technology solution
- Provide business and technical guidance in the areas of problem-solving, design, development, system and functional testing and implementation
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing these tasks to maximize productivity
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team of other business and technical resources
- Ability to own a task from requirements to deployment and support
- Self-starter with strong communication skills with all levels within the organization
- Eagerness to tackle problems outside your core competencies and learn new technologies as required
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 4 years of related experience
- Experience with user interface, user experience, and/or customer-facing applications
- Some experience working with data and analytically-oriented products a plus
- Proven leadership in a matrix environment at executive levels
- Some experience creating business process and modeling documentation
- Expertise in the agile development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills with an ability to incorporate process improvement tools
- Work independently and excels in a cross-functional team environment
- Effective approach to building consensus
- Proven ability to anticipate needs of the business and shift the course of action accordingly
- BS or MS in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or demonstrated industry hands-on experience in business to consumer e-commerce platforms
- Experience in the design and development of sophisticated, modern web applications and services
- Excellent skills in complex problem solving, project management and change management
- Experience with agile development processes
- Understanding of relational database structures and fundamentals
- Knowledge of :
- distributed architecture
- domain driven design
- micro-service needs & dependencies
- CMS & CSS usage
Benefits of Joining the Club
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn't otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
- What is SmileDirectClub? Link here.
- What are our customers saying? Link here.
- What is a SmileShop? Link here.
- What is our culture like? Link here.
- How do we celebrate your team members? Link here.
BusinessView all jobs at SmileDirectClub