Family-owned and operated, Smile Design provides personalized attention for each of our patients throughout the state of Florida. We believe in building a strong, trusting relationship with our patients and we’ll take the time to get to know you, listen to your concerns, and answer any questions you may have about your dental hygiene, oral health problems, the treatments our doctors recommend, and your smile appearance.
We are currently seeking a Part-time Dental Hygienist with strong clinical knowledge and application, as well as a sincere passion for disease prevention and early treatment of periodontal/dental disease. Essential to this role is your ability to communicate effectively, maintain professionalism under pressure, and provide an exceptional patient experience.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patient's oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and medical and dental histories; charting in patient records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.