Smile CDR is hiring! *****REMOTE POSITION*****
We are a healthcare data platform that is used by developers and companies around the world to build cutting-edge medical applications. We work with app developers to build patient apps, with vendors to add modern interoperability to their platforms, and with governments and hospitals to help them to manage their data.
We also spend lots of time helping customers to build complete solutions using our platform. These solutions are used to manage health data and improve healthcare, and we are very passionate about that.
The Intermediate or Senior Software Developer: CDR & Middleware position is responsible for developing the software components that form the core of the Smile CDR product. This includes the storage layer, management tools, interface and integration components, and deployment infrastructure.
This developer works closely with all areas of the business to gather product requirements and design, implement and test components of the system.
A weekly planning and daily scrum will be employed to help set direction. The developer’s deliverables will be complete modules of code for functionality in Smile CDR, including:
- Relevant Documentation
- Relevant Testing (including unit testing and functional testing)
This position is responsible for:
- Analyzing and evaluating requirements and proposing high level design and technical solutions at all stages of development
- Analyzing solutions to ensure that they will be interoperable, performant and maintainable
- Ensuring that relevant documentation is kept up-to-date
- Ensuring that relevant frameworks are kept up-to-date
- Researching technologies that will be used in new and existing modules of the solution (e.g. Machine Learning frameworks, data storage and capture frameworks etc.)
All code which is created for Smile CDR will receive peer review via a Git pull request. This position is responsible for:
- Reviewing code submitted by other team members
- Submitting code for review to appropriate team members
- 7+ years Java development experience is required
- Experience in HL7 (V2, FHIR) is an asset
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring, REST web services, Git is an asset
- Previous experience working in a senior capacity on a development team
- Experience with developing middleware products, unit test practices, transaction processing
- Experience in end-to-end feature development
- Experience working in healthcare is an asset
Location: REMOTE, or local if local to Toronto.
In addition, this position is responsible for working with external stakeholders as needed to determine specific requirements for implementations or feature enhancements.
Recognized as a global expert in FHIR implementations, Smile CDR is the maintainer of HAPI FHIR, the prevailing open source reference implementation of FHIR; as well as the developers of Smile CDR, the leading enterprise-grade platform that regional health exchanges, health systems, hospitals, payers and application developers rely on.
Why Work Here?Smile CDR Inc. is a Toronto-based company with a clear mission to make it easy for health organizations of all sizes to deliver interoperable applications quickly. We are transforming the next generation of shared health data by leveraging the standards-based FHIR data model and APIs. Recognized as a global expert in FHIR implementations, Smile CDR is the maintainer of HAPI FHIR, the prevailing open source reference implementation of FHIR; as well as the developers of Smile CDR, the leading enterprise-grade platform that regional health exchanges, health systems, hospitals, payers and application developers rely on.
We are a small yet energetic company with a lot of big, exciting projects coming our way. Unlimited vacation, and bring your dog to work!