Smile CDR is hiring! *****REMOTE POSITION*****
We are a healthcare data platform that is used by developers and companies around the world to build cutting-edge medical applications. We work with app developers to build patient apps, with vendors to add modern interoperability to their platforms, and with governments and hospitals to help them to manage their data.
We also spend lots of time helping customers to build complete solutions using our platform. These solutions are used to manage health data and improve healthcare, and we are very passionate about that.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for ambitious intermediate or senior front-end and/or full stack developers to help us build customer solutions and drive our core platform forward. Our current stack is AngularJS on the front, using the HL7 FHIR standard for data storage and processing.
Ideal candidates would:
• Have experience building web applications using a variety of technologies and stacks
• Be comfortable working independently some times, and with big teams other times
• Enjoy working with designers to build the best possible user experience
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising and providing input into good technical design and industry trends
- Authoring relevant documentation
- Relevant Testing (including unit testing and functional testing)
This position is responsible for:
- Analyzing and evaluating requirements and proposing high level design and technical solutions at all stages of development
- Analyzing solutions to ensure that they will be interoperable, performant and maintainable
- Ensuring that relevant documentation is kept up-to-date
- Ensuring that relevant frameworks are kept up-to-date
- Researching technologies that will be used in new and existing modules of the solution (e.g. Machine Learning frameworks, data storage and capture frameworks etc.)
We are based in downtown Toronto.. Our office is energetic and our team is a lot of fun. We'd love to have you join us. Visit our website to learn more about who we are: https://smilecdr.com
Role: Intermediate or Senior Front End/Full Stack Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Location: REMOTE, or local if local to Toronto.
Travel Requirement: 0-10%
Hours (subject to change): 35 hours per week.
Due to the nature of the position, additional hours may be required.
Recognized as a global expert in FHIR implementations, Smile CDR is the maintainer of HAPI FHIR, the prevailing open source reference implementation of FHIR; as well as the developers of Smile CDR, the leading enterprise-grade platform that regional health exchanges, health systems, hospitals, payers and application developers rely on.
Why Work Here?Smile CDR Inc. is a Toronto-based company with a clear mission to make it easy for health organizations of all sizes to deliver interoperable applications quickly. We are transforming the next generation of shared health data by leveraging the standards-based FHIR data model and APIs. Recognized as a global expert in FHIR implementations, Smile CDR is the maintainer of HAPI FHIR, the prevailing open source reference implementation of FHIR; as well as the developers of Smile CDR, the leading enterprise-grade platform that regional health exchanges, health systems, hospitals, payers and application developers rely on.
We are a small yet energetic company with a lot of big, exciting projects coming our way. Unlimited vacation, and bring your dog to work!