- Posted: over a month ago
- $48,500 to $50,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, 401k,
Full time position with benefits. We only promote from within.
Smathers and Branson (www.smathersandbranson.com) is a Washington, DC based needlepoint belt and accessories company. Started by two Bowdoin graduates (Peter Smathers Carter '04 and Austin Branson '04), Smathers and Branson has been growing since its launch in 2004. We are seeking highly motivated, well rounded individuals to add to our team. During the training program, all new hires learn the business from the ground up and are involved with many different aspects of the company including customer service, sales, web management, shipping and receiving, and inventory management.
This job description provides a general guideline to the most common duties, responsibilities, and minimum requirements for this position. It is not all inclusive and the actual position may vary as circumstances indicate or as determined by the organization. Working hours are primarily during day shift working hours, but may need to work varied extended hours as projects demand and during organization events which can include nights and weekends, as business needs dictate. Some limited travel may be required.
- The chief goal of the Sales Associate position is to provide a customer experience that is commensurate with the value of our products. Daily email and phone interactions with wholesale and retail clients are a demonstration of the quality of our brand and an opportunity to reinforce a positive impression that bolsters current and future business. While providing accurate and efficient information to customers is imperative, Sales Associates are also expected to be knowledgeable advocates for our products, giving customers a catered experience. Sales Associates are expected to follow company policies and procedures when interacting with customers and escalating any issues they are unable to resolve themselves to the manager.
- Sales Associates will assist Account Executives in receiving and processing orders, diligently following instructions and procedures. Sales Associates are expected to communicate efficiently and accurately with wholesale accounts and direct inquiries that they cannot address to the appropriate Account Executive.
- Processing online and phone orders. Wholesale orders processed following the directions of the respective Account Executives. Processing backorders as inventory is replenished and special order items are received.
- Assist with the unpacking and auditing of shipments from our producer.
- Responsible for participating in inventory counts in addition to monitoring and notifying the manager about inventory discrepancies.
- As needed, Sales Associates will assist warehousing staff re-organizing warehouse space.
- As needed, Sales Associates will assist warehousing staff with picking and packing orders, following specific instructions from Account Executives and following warehousing procedures.
- (On hold due to COVID-19) Sales Associates are expected to travel to trunk shows, set up a presentable display and sell merchandise directly to customers. Additionally, Sales Associates must coordinate with trunk show staff acting as a representative for the company.
Above are some general areas of the business that you will be responsible for on a daily basis. However, there are other areas of the company that we will have you involved with. We believe in a team based approach that allows our employees to share responsibility and manage the constantly changing needs of our daily routines. We encourage everyone in the company to be proactive in looking for other areas to contribute and defining their role as they become familiar and interested in more specific parts of our company.
- Bachelor's Degree or experience commensurate with required general responsibilities
- Proficiency in English
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Basic understanding of Windows OS
- Proficient with MS Office
Essential use of automated tools:
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Work well in a team-based environment
- Show a high level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ambition, a strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn
- Bachelor's degree in most fields.
Smathers & Branson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Smathers & BransonWhy Work Here?
We only promote from within. Excellent Work-life balance. Incredible opportunity for varying backgrounds and degrees.
1570 E Jefferson StRockville, MD
BusinessView all jobs at Smathers & Branson