Restaurant General Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
General Manager is responsible for:
the overall quality and profitability of the business, leading front and back of house operations. She/he is a truly passionate hospitality professional supporting excellence in every facet of the restaurant experience. The General Manager is a smart-creative, a keen strategist, and visionary. She/he creates and maintains a profitable, balanced, interesting, engaging, fun, competitive and nationally recognized restaurant that sets national standards in the food, service and hospitality programs.
• Performing supervisory duties, such as hiring, training, developing, evaluating and disciplinary counseling of all on-site employees.
• Planning and conducting regular training, both formal and informal, with all front of house staff.
• Ensuring staff is upholding leadership behaviors, core values and adhering to strategic and operational priorities.
• Sharing inspiration and ideas with staff.
• Ensuring that personnel issues are carried out in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
• Maintaining open and clear communication with the staff and Assistant Managers.
• Conducting reviews and other periodic employee assessment as needed.
• Writing weekly schedule for front of house staff.
Service and Sales Management:
• Maintaining guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings, initiating improvements, building relationships with patrons.
• Ensuring staff is implementing excellent service, hospitality, food, and beverage consistently.
• Reviewing and approving the planning, implementation, and success of service.
• Regularly attending and monitoring service.
• Soliciting and reacting appropriately to positive and negative feedback from guests.
Inventory and Operations Management:
• Reviewing payroll and payroll-related forms; discussing exceptions and unusual circumstances with Executive/Assistant Directors of Operations and approving/disapproving as appropriate.
• Ensuring completion of various daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Supervising weekly food and beverage inventory count.
• Completing monthly china, glass, and silver inventory.
• Reviewing reports and makes operating recommendations to Executive/Assistant Directors of Operations.
• Working with Executive/Assistant Directors of Operations to monitor maintenance activities and preventive maintenance programs.
• Supporting marketing and outreach efforts and offering input and suggestions.
• Collaborating with Executive/Assistant Directors of Operations in analyzing and monitoring the hospitality market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the business.
• Currently a General Manager in a fine dining restaurant with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a high volume, full service, fine dining restaurant
• Degree in Hospitality Management/ Culinary Degree preferred
• High service standards, strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Ability to multitask in a demanding and fast paced environment with efficiency and grace
• Proven ability to lead others, positively influence employee behavior and interact with team members in any role
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills and can work a flexible schedule
• Basic computer knowledge including Word and Excel
• Must possess strong understandings of P&L and business management
• Classic Wine Service Knowledge
• Conflict Resolution
• Passion for customer service
• Event Management/Organization
• Experience in a High-Volume Environment
• Food/Beverage Pairing
• Food Preparation Knowledge
• Competitive salary package
• Major medical insurance options
• Paid vacation
• Upward growth potential
Powered by JazzHR
Smashing Grapes Kitchen & Wine Bar- Gambrills
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?