- $47,190 to $51,480 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Our first Smashburger restaurant opened in 2007 with one single notion in mind; to serve a better burger! Better burgers takes better service, support and teamwork. That's why we treat our team members fairly in a diverse and safe environment. With an average of 10 restaurants opening each year, we invest in building internal opportunities for our teams’ learning and growth.” We just build better. Better Burgers. Better Teams. Better Experiences.
Better Benefits: Build a better experience work & lifestyle!
- Quarterly Bonus
- Get Paid $ to Refer your Friends*
- RGMs, RMs, & SLs are entitled to one (1) free meal each shift they work *
- Paid time off – vacation and sick*
- Medical, Dental and Vision Options*
- 401K match (21 and older)
- Flexible schedules in a fun, family friendly, team environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fast track for career opportunities and management experience
- Free uniform
*Eligibility based off of time in position and average hours worked
*Referred employees must be manager level and in good standing & Referee must be employed with Smashburger at time of payout. Bonus is paid in two distributions
Restaurant Manager Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Restaurant General Manager, our Restaurant Managers are the champions of better burgers! In this role you will:
- Manage the performance of multiple Shift Leaders (SL) and Employees
- Promote a fun and positive work environment
- Manage the effectiveness of people focused processes and systems
- Provide initial and ongoing training to all employees within the unit utilizing SmashConnect, LMS, and 4 step method of training, including the selection, development, and performance management of employees
- Reward and recognize employee performance that exceeds company standards
- Manage with integrity the daily completion of operational check lists to include
- Line checks and uniform standards
- Opening/closing check lists
- Safe and deposit logs
- Manage FSC operational standards daily
- Manage the guest experience metrics (NPS and OSAT)
- Ensure all food safety standards are followed and in compliance with all local health departments
- Exemplify guest service on each shift of the day and communicates SIZZLE service standards to the employees
- Manage the successful onboarding and training for all new employees
- Support routine management communication
- Follow COGS management procedures for food ordering and inventory
- Follow and ensures company cash policies to ensure minimal losses through theft or shortages
- Manage daily labor
- Build schedules based on company forecast tool and allowed labor percentages. While reacting daily to sales trends and reducing labor scheduled when needed
- Manage local store marketing programs as assigned
Restaurant Manager Requirements
- 1-2 years of Manager experience in restaurants
- Flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Follow Smashburger uniform standards
- Ability to follow all guidelines and procedures set forth by Smashburger, local, state, and federal employment regulations
- Must successfully complete Smashburger training program
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate with restaurant management, front line employees and corporate support teams
- People management skills to effectively select, assess, coach/counsel, develop, motivate, and lead restaurant teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven time management, consistency, and organizational skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods of time and to move and lift boxes of food/ supplies up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in high and low temperatures
**All applicants and employees have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within Smashburger. Smashburger is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants, prospective applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of substantially interfering with an individual’s work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment. We maintain a workplace free of racial slurs and bias. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers, and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc. Any conduct in violation of these company policies is also a violation of the law. Employees who engage in, ratify, or perpetuate discrimination, harassment or retaliation will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including immediate discharge.
We just build better. Better Burgers. Better Teams. Better Experiences.
Our first Smashburger restaurant opened in 2007 with one single notion in mind; to serve a better burger! Better burgers takes better service, support and teamwork. That's why we treat our team members fairly in a diverse and safe environment. With an average of 10 restaurants opening each year, we invest in building internal opportunities for our teams’ learning and growth.”
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.