Going to work never tasted so good! Our mission is to put burgers back into people’s lives. We’re growing our team and living the burger dream as we continue to push boundaries and grow at a pace that has delivered recognition such as America’s Most Promising Company (Forbes), and the #1 Mover and Shaker in the business (FastCasual.com).
Our Restaurant General Managers are World Class Leaders with a passion for Gold Standard Quality Food and Memorable Guest Service.
They set the example that their team members aspire to by teaching and living our High Five Values:
- Excite and Delight: Smile, impress and look after our guests with every visit
- Perfect Food: Delivering the best tasting burger and our SMASHING sides
- Pride in Place: Keeping their restaurant and restrooms clean at all times
- It Starts With Me: Choosing their attitude, being accountable and having fun!
- Do Well, Do Good: Volunteering and supporting their community
Smashburger strongly believes that our best senior leaders come from our outstanding team of Field Managers. We’ve been recognized for growing both quickly and smartly, and are committed to continuing to bring the better-burger into new markets and locations. This has created terrific opportunities for GMs to be promoted into Multi-Unit or District Manager roles.
We believe that burgers done right make people happy and that our General Managers are a key ingredient in our effort to bring together bold, remarkable and memorable people, burgers and experiences. To reward you for the essential role you play, we provide a SMASHING compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Highly competitive wages
- 401k, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Vacation Time
- Wellness Resources
- Pre-Tax Savings Accounts
Smashburger has new locations opening up across the U.S. in 2019! We have a huge focus on internal promotions, so any position you start in will give you the opportunity to get to the next level. Apply today to join our growing company!
- Hire, train, develop and coach hourly team members
- Facilitate ongoing training and development of the team to build a bench for future managers
- Foster Smashburger culture keep it strong and personified by the team
- Maintain timely and accurate schedules that ensures appropriate staffing levels to deliver the Gold Standard guest experience
- Ensure every guest has a memorable experience
- Deliver high quality, attractive food made according to Smashburger Gold Standards
- Monitor and controls daily food cost
- Follow proper sanitation and cleanliness standards in the restaurant to fulfill health requirements and Smashburger standards
- Review and analyze financial data weekly to initiate the necessary actions to increase sales and profits
- Responsible for driving local store marketing, fundraising efforts and overall community involvement
- Places order in a timely manner to ensure an adequate level of product and supplies
- Follow all cash handling procedures to minimize all cash shortages and ensure that daily bank deposits are completed.
- Foster a safe work environment by following safety guidelines
- Follow all Smashburger standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain proper employee records and documentation per company standards and federal, state and local ordinances
- Ideal candidates will have at least 1 year of experience as a General Manager within the restaurant and/or hospitality industry
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to successfully complete food and alcohol safety certification programs
- Proven ability to hire, train and develop team members
- Proven ability to drive sales and guest service initiatives by motivating and leading team members
- Must possess a sense of urgency, enjoy fast paced environment, and guest service focus
- Ability to understand and analyze financial profit and loss statements, food cost, inventory, food safety, and sanitation requirements
- Ability to successfully complete Smashburger’s Management training program
- Ability to follow all guidelines and procedures set forth by Smashburger, local, state, and federal employment regulations
- Comply with E-Verify standards
While performing the duties of this position, a manager may regularly be required to: work 50 hours a week, work days, nights and/or weekends, work in a fast paced environment, work around hot equipment (grill, fryer) and occasionally be exposed to cold temperatures (walk in freezer/refrigerator). This position may regularly be required to occasionally lift and carry boxes and supplies up to 50lbs, move around the restaurant and tight spaces; walk or stand 100% of shift and reach, bend, stoop, mop and sweep frequently.