Associate Manager, Retail Sales Strategy & Planning
- Posted: over a month ago
SmartyPants is looking for a motivated, dedicated, and detail-oriented individual for the position at a leading CPG brand in preventative health. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Retail Sales Strategy & Planning, the Associate Manager, Retail Sales Strategy & Planning will be responsible for assisting in the strategic management and direction of the following retail channels at SmartyPants: Mass, Grocery, Drug, Specialty and Natural. The right candidate will also partner with and assist the Unilever Health & Wellness Collective Account Managers to optimize the business via data driven decisions. This position is accountable for assisting the Field Sales team with all selling aspects (promotional planning, revenue & trade forecasting, new item sell-in, presentations, execution of marketing and promotions, etc.) within retail to increase sales and distribution of SmartyPants Vitamins products.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and execute monthly Revenue and Trade forecasts for Grocery, Drug, Specialty channels.
- Partnering with Sr. Director, develop and execute Sales plan to meet or exceed assigned revenue budgets for all accounts in Mass, Grocery, Drug, Specialty and Natural.
- Partner with 5-7 Field Sales Account Managers – acting as their ‘go-to’ internal resource at SmartyPants.
- Communicate cross-functionally with Shopper Marketing, Finance and Operations to assist our external facing sales team achieve their goals.
- Review and analyze syndicated and POS data to understand account growth, item productivity, etc. to make strategic data driven recommendations.
- Assist in sell-in of new products to all current and potential retail partners to grow the SmartyPants Vitamins brand.
- Review, analyze and report sales goals within team.
- Work collaboratively with SmartyPants’ Broker network to manage and grow the business across the assigned channels.
- Ensure promotional plans deliver efficiencies and positive ROI.
- Handle various tasks related to the administrative support of the sales team as needed including assisting with new item/new account set-up, PO tracking, etc.
- Attend trade shows as required (2-4x per year).
- This position requires up to 25% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
- Other job related duties as requested
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and equivalent experience in account management
- 2-4+ years of sales account management experience, preferably within CPG industry
- Proven track record of sales success
- A self-starter, team player that is motivated and adaptable
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, growing company
- Highly analytical with strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Consultative selling, negotiation and presentation skills are critical
- Working knowledge of, IRI/Nielsen/SPINS data and Customer POS data
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls and meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all personality types and behaviors; flexibility
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- Results Driven
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in PowerPoint/Keynote
- Organizational Skills
- Presentation Skills
What you’ll get:
- Robust benefits package with employer contribution
- Monthly wellness perks
- Flexible work hours
- FREE SmartyPants Vitamins plus a friends & family discount
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual dress code & open office environment
- Volunteer opportunities
- A rewarding career at a company with a strong mission, great culture, and super fun, passionate people
SmartyPants is a fast-moving and mission-driven company that values transparency, excellence, and transformation. Our headquarters in Marina del Rey are a former architect's office, a two-story space where we work in an open environment with no elevator access to our 2nd floor offices. We have a communal garden, and we are dog-friendly, often with several pups in the office at any given time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SmartyPants Vitamins is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SmartyPants, Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing Los Angeles based supplement company focused on providing premium all-in-one vitamins for the entire family. In 2020 we joined Unilever as part of the Health & Wellbeing Collective, yielding additional support as we continue to grow the brand globally. From the start, SmartyPants Vitamins has been about family, authenticity and a core commitment to our collective well-being. SmartyPants believes in making it easier to stay healthy by providing best-in-class products that also taste great.
We're industry leaders in testing, transparency, and advocacy, from sourcing the highest-quality ingredients to testing and packaging. We have an appreciation for the comedy and intensity that comes from working in a company with explosive growth and a strong sense of social responsibility.
We believe health should be available to everyone, everywhere, which is why we provide a 1:1 nutrient grant for every bottle sold with the help of our partner Vitamin Angels.
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
RetailView all jobs at SmartyPants Vitamins