SmartVac, wholly owned subsidiary of TKS Industries Ltd. is an independent manufacturer of state-of-the-art industrial excavation equipment. Founded in 2015, SmartVac has proven to be a fast growing, quality driven manufacturer and supplier to both domestic and international markets. At SmartVac, we engineer and manufacture HydroVac equipment for the municipal, utilities, and energy sector. Our innovated full power HydroVac equipment is operated and monitored by our intelligent on-board control system allowing for a less experienced operator with more mechanical operational control to protect the equipment
TKS Industries is actively searching for an Automation Technologist who will be responsible for generating / maintaining the automation / electrical system designs, instrumentation sizing, selection, and specification, Control cabinet and associated wiring design for our HydroVac product. The Automation Technologist will also be responsible for the programming, installation and testing of the PLC and HMI applications, and lead the pre-handover Test and Commissioning and Technical Field Support. In addition to the generating / maintaining the automation/electrical system, the Automation Technologist will also inspect the equipment electrical systems, components to identify assembly defects and to ensure design / build compliance.
· Generate and maintain Control System design for HydroVac product and in-house test lab
· Generate and maintain Instrumentation sizing, selection and specification including preparation of data sheets
· Generate and maintain Control cabinet and junction box layouts
· Source multiple suppliers and prepare Material Requisition
· Programming/testing of PLC and configuration of HMI’s
· Lead installation of electrical components such as Control System, cabling and wiring assembly, and other component during the HydroVac build cycle
· Generate and fabricate cabling and wiring assemblies for our HydroVac build and to support assembly testing, system Test/Commissioning, and Technical field support.
· Inspect and test electrical system of HydroVac equipment. Ensure maintenance, Test/Commission reports are always completed prior to Handover to end-user.
· Perform and facilitate HydroVac equipment troubleshooting and repairs during new builds and on-site customer field support.
· Electrical/Instrumentation Technology Diploma.
· Must be familiar with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
· Programming and commissioning PLC/HMI control systems with CoDeSys.
· Knowledge and experience of electrical drawings, P&IDs, data sheets, instrument sizing calculations and experience working with AutoCAD.
Experience with the following is an asset:
· Cable and wire assembly planning, fabrication and routing for Transport and construction equipment.
· Strong computer skills, trouble shooting skills, and organizational skills.
· Works well in a team environment, and independently.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a requirement.
· Experience with design, commissioning and operation of HydroVac equipment.