Director, Call Center Operations (Logistics)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Truckers move America's economy. They should never struggle to find decent pay and fair treatment. SmartHop is on a mission to level the playing field in the trucking industry for independent owner-operators and small trucking companies so they can compete, take control of their businesses, and feel the freedom of being independent again.
SmartHop is a tech-enabled platform offering easy load booking, end-to-end back office support, and business in a box solutions aimed at helping truckers earn more and stress less. Uplifting truckers is what moves us, and in doing so, we will change the industry.
At SmartHop, different views and experiences are advantages. We value and celebrate inclusion, diversity, and being our authentic selves at work. We look for talented individuals who can bring new perspectives and new ways of thinking. We're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission of empowering truckers, who like to roll up their sleeves, and do meaningful work every day.
Founded in 2018, we are a proud team Headquartered in Miami, FL but flexible to operate remotely. SmartHop's investors include Union Square Ventures, Greycroft, Equal Ventures, Las Olas VC, and Ryder Venture Capital Fund.
If you'd like to understand more about SmartHop's mission, please check out this video: Click here
About the Role
We are seeking a seasoned Director, Call Center Operations to lead and develop Call Center operations using proven strategies, systems, and processes to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the customer experience . The ideal candidate has a track record of successfully building / managing / scaling call center operations in a fast-paced startup environment.
Location: Miami, FL or Remote
Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Directs call center operations 24/7/365
- Determines call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Uses data and analytics to guide strategy and support initiatives aimed at continuously improving the call center, especially around customer experience and voice of the customer, employee experience, technology, and process. Drives improvement in areas such as efficiency and self-service utilization.
- Regularly communicates call center performance through reporting. Articulates what's working well, challenges, and steps to mitigate those challenges using data and analytics.
- Provides strategic oversight for training, professional development, quality, and operational oversight for staff. Coaches staff in the use of metrics-based decision making.
- Consistently monitors staffing and workforce management performance, forecasting when staffing levels are insufficient or in surplus of average volume demands. Ensures appropriate staffing to meet requirements and mitigates the risk of staffing gaps.
- Drives call center interviewing and hiring, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Promotes accountability and teamwork through leadership and strong communications amongst peers, subordinates, and across the call center organization.
- Works collaboratively with internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Ensures full compliance with all requirements and schedules.
What the Candidate Will Need
- Proven track record of success in building / managing / scaling call center operations
- Logistics operations experience preferred but not required
- Analytical mindset; data-driven; metrics obsessed
- Effectively leads and motivates others in accomplishing established goals,
- Able to build a competitive organization by attracting, managing, developing and retaining the talent needed to win.
- Strong strategic orientation with the ability to develop clear business plans aligned with business strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- Great time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that involves learning and working on multiple projects at once
- Willingness to travel to Miami, New York or Internationally occasionally
- Proficient in G Suite
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
If you have the following character traits then this role is for you:
- Resilience and ability to take initiative in our constantly changing work environment
- Everything is about teams: A team builder, team player and leader who builds trust, loyalty and inspires others. Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility. Thrives in a cross-functional environment.
- Don't shy away from big interesting problems and approaches them in an innovative way
- Obsessed about customers
- Results-motivated with bias for action and excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with a sense of urgency. Reliable.
- Positive and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives. Makes decisions.
At Smarthop we know our people are our number one asset, therefore we put a premium on hiring and retaining the best talent. For that reason, we reward our employees with a competitive salary and a benefits package including family medical, vision and dental programs, unlimited vacation, and maternal and paternal leave.
BusinessView all jobs at SmartHop