Design Engineer - Audio Visual
Smarter Systems Charlotte, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Summary of Position
The Audio Video Design Engineer is responsible for the design and specification of custom audio video and teleconferencing systems. The engineer designs meeting space systems, and specifies the associated infrastructure requirements.
Audio Video Design Engineer
Design and specify equipment for teleconferencing and audio video systems. General methodologies include integrating appropriate system concepts, calculations, layout, sizing, selections, specifications, and coordination with sales and operations. The successful candidate should have experience in audio and video conferencing, digital signal processing, mix/minus audio, room control systems, multi-source signal distribution of electronics over low voltage wiring.
The Audio Video Engineer will be expected to self-perform design related tasks listed and coordinate with other team members to achieve a design and installation plan.
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, able to help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s)
- Act as liaison with sales and operations during the pre-sale and post-sales phases of a job to assist with proposal development and define project deliverables.
- Work with vendors to learn about new products and obtain the best available solutions
- Create Bill of Materials and Scope of Work for each project
- Provide detailed CAD Elevations, Reflected Ceiling Plans, Line Drawings and annotated floor plans for project planning and installation
- Meet bid schedules and internal deadlines
- Attend project calls and meetings to cover all details and expectations of project as they were designed
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Must be able to manage multiple projects/estimates and present a high level of organization
- High skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, ITB / RFP specifications, reporting and quality requirements
- Perform site visits to inspect and evaluate existing systems or to inspect work in progress
- 5-7 year’s recent experience in the audio video design and infrastructure industry
- Experience working with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have the proven ability to design, engineer, estimate and develop a written and graphic representation of the company’s proposed solutions utilizing the software resources provided by the company
- Must possess a high attention to detail, proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s)
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license
· CTS-D Certification
· Experience with Visio and/or D Tools Software
· Experience with Unified Communications
· Experience with Microsoft Project
· Low Voltage License is a plus
Smarter Systems exists to transform the way our customers communicate and collaborate through technology solutions that enhance their lives.
Smarter SystemsWhy Work Here?
Awesome culture, great benefits, and lots of room for growth!
Smarter Systems is the fastest growing design-build Audio Visual consultancy company headquartered in Charlotte, NC. We work with clients around the globe to improve their processes by providing tools to bridge the gap between communication and collaboration. With a focus on two major verticals, Enterprise and Education, Smarter Systems offers comprehensive, high-quality installation, service, and training for a wide range of major AV solutions projects. Smarter Systems exists to transform the way our customers communicate and collaborate through technology solutions that enhance their lives.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Smarter Systems