Audio Video Technician - Level 2
Smarter Systems Charlotte, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with audio and video systems, leading teams on a project site, documenting daily work and ensuring jobs are completed as designed. This person must be flexible, efficient, team oriented and willing to travel.
Level 2 Audio Video Lead Technician
Please read the Requirements section carefully. This role is for a seasoned Audio and Video system integration and installation technician. This role requires hands on work installing, commissioning and troubleshooting AV systems.
The Lead Installation Technician is responsible for installations, equipment handling, team communication, testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting Audio-Video-Control equipment.
- Install basic AV infrastructure items such as J Hooks, UniStrut, Cable Cubbies, floor boxes, etc.
- Installation of structured cabling to include pulling, terminating and testing cat5e/6, video, RGB, HDMI, DVI and audio cables
- Installation of rigging/mounting of equipment such as projectors, projector screens, and displays
- Installation of all AV equipment to include: audio/ video conferencing equipment, distributed audio, digital signage, sound reinforcement, video projection, control systems and flat panel and projection screen mounting
- Assist with equipment handling
- Assist with onsite equipment Inventory
- Assist with equipment replacement and returns
- Interpret line and architectural drawings
- Complete daily field reports and report time as directed
- Troubleshoot basic AV systems
- Follow all safety guidelines
- Communicate with the client in a professional and courteous manner
- Leads team in the installation and implementation of audio and video equipment
- Hands on in the install process
- Ensures all equipment, programming and documentation needed for the project is obtained before arriving at the job site.
- Works with Project Manager to maintain accurate schedule, track progress and provide daily updates for project status.
- Ability to work with Control and DSP systems including loading code, troubleshooting and adjusting audio systems.
- Capable of effectively interacting with other construction trades, sub-contractors and end users.
- Responsible for system commissioning and all field related documentation.
- 3 years+ Audio Video installation experience
- Cable Pulling, Rack Building, Signal Termination, System Calibration, System Testing.
- Commissioning Room Systems
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of AV Installation practices & procedures.
- Digital Control System, DSP and IP-enabled Device Integration experience (examples: Crestron, BiAmp, Extron, etc.)
- Knowledge of Videoconferencing Systems required (Poly, Cisco, Teams).
- Ability to read and use CAD/Blueprints and other design drawings.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
- Infocomm Certifications preferred (examples: CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D).
- Other Industry Certifications that are helpful (examples: DMC-E, DMC-T, SMART, RCDD, EST, CET, MCSE, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License with good Driving Record.
- Extended travel as much as 60%.
Smarter Systems exists to transform the way our customers communicate and collaborate through technology solutions that enhance their lives.
Smarter SystemsWhy Work Here?
Awesome culture, great benefits, and lots of room for growth!
Smarter Systems is a fast growing design-build Audio Visual consultancy company headquartered in Charlotte, NC. We work with clients around the globe to improve their processes by providing tools to bridge the gap between communication and collaboration. With a focus on two major verticals, Enterprise and Education, Smarter Systems offers comprehensive, high-quality installation, service, and training for a wide range of major AV solutions projects. Smarter Systems exists to transform the way our customers communicate and collaborate through technology solutions that enhance their lives.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Smarter Systems