Computer Vision/Machine Learning Research Engineer (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Generate and productionize machine learning models in the domains of audio and video
- Conduct research and stay up to date on recent conference papers to identify latest trends in computer vision, deep neural networks, and edge computing
- Manage data collection and labeling efforts as it pertains to model generation and maintenance
- Conduct experiments, perform analysis, and derive insights from data or model results that align with strategic product objectives
- Ongoing development of SmartThings’ codebase for efficient training and test pipelines and for model evaluation, maintaining and establishing best practices and high quality code standards
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other teams/members of the organization such as engineering, product and business development
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Expertise designing, training and analyzing results of CNNs (for object detection, image classification, segmentation, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience with developing, testing and productionizing machine learning models
- 4+ years of programming experience with Python and/or C/C++
- Expertise with AI/ML frameworks and libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Pandas, Numpy, and scikit-learn
- Experience working with the Linux command line and cloud environments such as AWS
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- If your background looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to hear from you!
- Engineering experience working with modern video coding standards: RTP, RTSP, WebRTC, DASH, HEVC, H.264, AV1 or VVC etc.
- Understanding of fundamental theories and practices of video coding and processing
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience working with global teams in Korea and India
Compensation for this role for a candidate based in Colorado is expected to be between $107,056.00 and $149,878.00, and for a candidate in NYC is expected to be between $111,943.00 and $156,720.00, but may be higher or lower in other States due to geographic differentials in the labor market.
TechnologyView all jobs at SmartThings