SmartTalent is seeking an experienced Machinist I, II, IIIand IVfor a Manufacturing company in Everett WA to fill multiple positions.
If you would like to expedite the process, you can apply online at www.smarttalent.net
Have any questions or would like further information, contact Bria or Britnee at 425-776-6500 or stop in 19031 33rd Ave W #203, Lynnwood WA 98036
Machinist NC-Sets up and operates basic, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts. Supports activities in the manufacturing environment such as deburring, painting and assembling components.
Machinist I (Mill)-Supports machining, deburring, painting activities through preparation, modification and assembly of manufactured components.
Machinist III or IV (Tool Crib)This is a great opportunity for a seasoned Machinist or a recent grad of an engineering program with a focus on CNC machining and manufacturing. We are adding new technologies - such as a Zoller Presetter - and this position will have the opportunity to program and implement tool assemblies. We have a vision to add a vertical lift to handle most fixture tooling and expendable tools. You will be responsible for the ownership and success of our new Tool Crib processes and training.
Machinist III (Millac)This Machinist III will be responsible for operating Millac machines. You should have a solid background in CNC machining, machine set-ups and a general curiosity for manufacturing technologies.
Machinist III or IV (Lathes)Sets up and operates basic, special purpose, grinding and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts. The role will be mainly responsible for lathes operation. Supports activities in the manufacturing environment such as deburring, painting and assembling components.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig bores, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or completion of manufacturing-related vocational training with one to ten years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Email software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Ability to draw, analyze and interpret data into graphical representations, such as a bar graph or pie chart.
- 1st Shift (4x10): M-Th 5am – 3:30pm
- 2nd Shift (4x10): M-Th 3:30pm – 2am
- 3rd Shift: TBD
- 1st Shift (5x8): M-F 6am – 2:30pm
- 2nd Shift (5x8): M-F 2:30pm – 11pm
- 3rd Shift: TBD
Compensation & Benefits:
- These opportunities are Temp to Hire.
- Hourly pay rate of $16-29$ DOE
- During the temporary period SmartTalent offers an ACA compliant healthcare plan as well as a supplemental plan.
- Upon conversion there is a great benefit package available.
SmartTalent is an Equal Opportunity Employer